"halfy" (pt 2)

A little while had passed since the humiliating event with that tall, arrogant woman. Centra was sitting on a little stone wall, eating a bread bun he had bought at a market stall nearby.

He bit off a part of it some filling in it smudged onto his finger. He licked it off. His gaze was fixed on the ground in front of him; plain concrete.

"Well well well~" rang a familiar voice.

Centra coughed on a piece of bread before anxiously swallowing it. He looked up to see the scarily tall woman again, "O-Oh, fancy seeing y-you here..."

"What's with all the stuttering? Are you intimidated by me?"

"N-No, not at all." He cursed at himself for stuttering, kind of ironic.

The woman hummed, placing a hand on her hip. Centra noticed her other arm was crossed horizontally against her torso, clothes draped on her forearm.

"Wh-What are the clothes for?"

"I was going to get them tailored, but the fucking tailors won't do their job," she snarled.

"Oh, okay..."

"In any case, you rejected my invite for lunch last time. Why was that?"

The half-eaten bread bun quivered in his hand, "I-I wasn't hungry then..."

"Are you hungry now?"

He glanced down at his bread bun then back up at her, "I don't know..."

"Let me buy you lunch. It'll be more nutricious than that."

"Why do you want to buy me lunch? I c-can buy my own."

She groaned loudly, "I want to apologise by buying you lunch!"

"You... want to apologise for calling me dirty and whatever else?"

"Yes." Her voice oozed impatience.

He exchanged a glance with his bun before sighing, "Fine, I'll let you buy me lunch..."

"That's what I thought. Do you have any allergies?"

"N..No, I can eat anything..."

"Alright. Get up and follow me."

He did so, dusting off his clothes. The woman walked at a pace that was obviously faster than him. As he walked, he pondered about her height. She may be at least 3 feet taller than him? Whatever it was, she easily towered over him.

Centra watched as she punched something into her phone, not bothered to ask her what it was.

About 15 minutes had passed and the pair arrived at the doorstep of a humongous mansion. It was larger than any estate Centra had seen before, almost like a castle.

Centra was gaping at the estate. I thought she was taking me to a cafe or something, like buy me lunch....!

"There was a change of plans," the woman said, pushing the large doors open, "my servants are going to prepare lunch for us."

Servants?! Is she like uber rich or something?!

Centra followed the woman into the house, where she dumped her clothes onto an ottoman by the door. She lead him to the large dining hall, and sat at the head of a long table.

"There are cushions under the chairs if you need them."

Centra thought he might need one, judging by the fact the top of the table was level with his shoulders. He decided to choose the seat near the middle of the table.