two

Flowey did the job of vining up the doors on your side so they couldn't open, no matter how much Toriel banged on them. You took that time to catch your breath, unsure whether the lack of air was due to exercise or fear. Probably both.

"We actually made it!" Flowey sounded beyond elated, and he sent you a wide grin on his flowery face. It was cute, but his obvious surprise didn't go over your head.

You sent him a glare. "Thanks for the vote of confidence." But you weren't 100% sure you'd make it either.

"Well with your bum leg- honestly getting out of the Underground was a longshot, but now...now I think we actually might do it." You weren't sure whether to be proud or pissed. "You're really lucky, (Y/N)."

Now that you could properly see him, you studied Flowey. He was a golden flower, though you didn't recognize him as any Surface type. His petals were partially wilted and battered and the golden hue was a dirty color, but you supposed in a place down here, that was normal. His eyes were black and scared, and his face looked akin to a smiley face. He was peculiar. You looked down at your pale (Skin/Color) leg, where Flowey's faded green stem was wrapped around it and your wet black shirt was slowing the flow of blood. It looked even worse than you thought.

You started shivering, just now remembering you were lying in snow. Your combination of a red skirt, white lab coat, and dirty black hiking boots didn't do much to protect you from the cold, so that was all the more reason to get going. You stood shakily, brushing snow from your skirt as you shambled slowly forward. Since you didn't need to flee for your life yet, you wanted to conserve energy as much as you could. As if reminding you of the calories you missed, your stomach growled. "What was that?" Flowey's head turned frantically.

"Just my stomach," you sighed. "I was going to eat supper with my boyfriend when I...fell."

"Eating is the least of our worries right now." His head kept turning this way and that, and you looked at him with bewilderment. "I don't go through here much because of the skeletons."

"Skeletons?" You hadn't gotten to this part of the history lesson, but you were already dreading what he'd say next. If Toriel was any indication, they must be worse—considering he preferred to run into her then these skeletons.

"They're really nasty. The tall one—he's in charge, and everyone in Snowdin respects him because he's the most vicious of them all. His brother—the shorter one—does whatever he says, but he's vicious too. He saw me once and, well, I haven't been back since." The lack of details just made you more nervous.

"Ok, so what's the plan? Try to sneak by them again?"

"Actually, I don't think you'll be able to. They've got sentry stations up ahead, so I guess just play along and hope they don't kill you?"

"That's your advice?!" You gaped at him. No wonder he wasn't confident you'd both survive. For someone desperate to get out of the Underground, he sucked at making a plan to achieve that.

"Look, I don't know much about them, ok? But I do know the tall one likes puzzles, so maybe just humor him a little and he'll let you go. The shorter one listens to him, so appease the tall one and the short one won't be a problem."

"You've got to have something better than that." The desperation was showing in your voice.

"I told you this was a long shot," he sighed. And you were beginning to see exactly what he meant.

"Whatever, just..." You looked around. "Help me find a branch to set my leg with."

After finding a sturdy branch, you snapped it so it lined from your ankle to a little past your knee, and Flowey helped secure it to your leg so you had double the support. It made it impossible to bend your knee however, so your gait became all the more awkward through the snow. Every step forward felt like one more inch towards your impending death, and soon enough, sweat started accumulating on your back from fear. You would've given up if you had a choice, but you didn't put yourself in massive debt, study for most of your waking hours, and give up any kind of social life to become a doctor just to lose it all now. Pre-med students were built adaptive, resilient, and bold—and no you weren't just repeating that in your head to give you confidence. So with as much courage as you could muster, you kept moving forward.