You Hung The Moon, Let's Dance Around: pt1

Gist of the whole story:  Raleigh goes to a party, sees a girl he likes and wants to know more about. Newton invites him to go camping and she's there

(Title is from "Cherry Limeade" by Lady Denim as well as the chapter titles)

Chapter One: Cause Lately This Old Boy Gets Dazey

Chapter summary:

 Raleigh meets Mako and her chunky boots

He just might like her already

Raleigh Becket has a problem and it's a big one.

And it starts six days ago when he's out with Newton, his scarily smart neighbor down the hall of their apartment complex and somewhat friend. Newton invites him to meet all his friends from work so he accepts, showing up with the guy at a nice cozy house where he first thinks Oh, so this is a gathering. Not a party. But then the people who arrive make it a party, blasting music from the cramped living room and turning the kitchen into a bar. By the end of it, Raleigh has to admit how well he likes these people only after meeting them at some party that, by the end of it, there's a desk lamp taped to the ceiling in one of the rooms for some reason, and at least two variations of entertaining playful fights had happened in the backyard for another reason.

It's not the wide range of events that happened all in one small house that sticks in his mind almost a week later. At least, none of the ones that anything to do with the party. Instead, Raleigh hasn't been able to stop thinking of when he got a little worn out at the party, walking into a bedroom hidden in the back with its door wide open and only being alone for so long until someone else came creeping in with the hopes of catching a small break as Karaoke went on without them.

She's got dark hair and two blue tips of dyed hair, that's what Raleigh first notices that night. Then he notices her small and slender fingers wrapped around a bottle of water rather than alcohol, yet, for some reason, Raleigh thinks her small size does not determine her strength as she pauses, facing him and tilting her head quizzically, her hair brushing her cheeks before she wordlessly turns the other way and grabs a chair with one hand and carries it over to Raleigh.

"Hello," Raleigh blurts, eyes trained on her arm as she finally sets the chair down and her own eyes snap towards him. She sits down, feet planted on the ground and she nods.

"Hello, Mr Becket," She says and her voice sounds so oddly professional for a party it makes Raleigh shift in his seat feeling like he just walked into an indoor pool wearing a fur parka and heavy snow boots, all eyes on him and humiliation on his face. She purses her lips and makes him realize he nearly zoned out, her face once again returning to its original observing expression. "I'm Mako Mori."

He tenses momentarily, then, holds out a hand as he nods. "Well then hello, Miss Mori."

The room's dim and the only light fills in through the light in the bathroom somewhat down the hall, but it's enough to see the slight smile that tugs at her lips, oh and plus the help of Raleigh's very focused mind right now. She tilts her head down and he watches her hair fall forward nearly like smooth silk and shakes her head lightly. "Newton has mentioned you quite a few times," She says formally, her hands swiftly setting down her plastic water bottle on the drawer next to her and that's when Raleigh notices her accent more than ever, scanning over her outfit mindlessly, which consists of a black tight shirt under her dark blue jacket that's only zipped up halfway, matched with equally dark grey jeans and her black chunky boots that he looks away from as he notices another thing that night.