Capture The Compliment

Mako Mori walks around the building with a camera hanging from her neck, holding it gently as she moves form corner to corner, table to table, overlooking the success of her donation center so far.

Well, originally it had been her father's. But Pentecost - the man himself- is gone, however most certainly not forgotten. She likes to think he would be proud of the progress this place has made, as people come into drop off resources, eager to lend a helping hand and give their unwanted items over to her instead of throwing them in the dump. Because now Mako and the team get to distribute their resources to those who are in need.

So far, the operation of it all has been working smoothly, which is very pleasant, and Mako snaps a photo of a volunteer sorting through coats. The idea is that if she takes some good pictures and sends them off, the local news was willing to give them a shoutout of sorts along with the photos she captures.

That's why Mako, despite never really using cameras, has suddenly become an expert as she seeks out an image that perfectly displays the heart and intention behind the program, capturing the smiles and hard workers, the community of it all, really.

She has her head faced downwards, intently examining the photo she's just shot, when a hand is placed on her shoulder. It may be a little strange, but she can tell who it is instantly.

"Hello, Raleigh," She says, greeting the man as she turns around, catching his gaze, a slightly mischievous smile lingering on his face.

"This is really incredible," He breathes out, any sort of playfulness in his features being quickly replaced with an earnest nature. "What you're doing."

"And what you are doing," She corrects him, nudging him with her elbow, hiding a smile. Raleigh always has her smiling even if he's not doing anything and the reason behind it is a mystery to her- as in she knows the answer would be extremely easy to uncover, but she's not sure if she wants to confront that just yet. "You are a part of this, too. And you're great. Do not forget that."

He huffs, accepting her kind words, then gestures to the camera she's holding. "You should get a picture of me in there." He suggests, mostly teasing, but Mako isn't opposed. He grins, cheeky almost, and turns his head, chin tilted upwards. "Get my good side though. I'm sure you know which one that is."

Mako hums, feeling warmth smart under her cheeks as Raleigh attempts to pose. He always looks good, which can be a distraction at times. A very handsome man with a kind heart- he's perfect, Mako thinks. Even if he can be annoying, he's one with determination, and Mako's head always spins with thoughts of admiration. It's maybe not the normal things you think about your friends.

Which is why she nearly scolds herself when she holds up her camera and says, "No, I'm not sure which one it is. Perhaps every side is?"

It could just be a normal, usual, totally regular compliment between friends. One telling the other they look good. But Mako can't help but feel there's a slight difference because she genuinely likes Raleigh, as in more than a friend, which is something she tries to ignore a whole lot.

Raleigh, of course, remains unaware of any possible situation Mako may have going on mentally. He instead smiles brightly, blinking at Mako and adjusting the sleeves of his sweater.

"Well, Mako, I'm flattered," He says and when Mako looks up at him, he may just be totally serious, which sends her head reeling a little more, because honestly she should've maybe kept to herself. Instead, wordlessly, she snaps a picture, and watches Raleigh's face twist with confusion before he realizes what she's done, and he holds a hand up. "Wait- I wasn't ready-"

"It is fine," She tells him, then goes to look at it. Of course, Raleigh is interested in seeing it too, crowding up on her and peering over her shoulder. It is a nice photo, she thinks. She can see his smile, soft, a little surprised, and his own finger tugging at the fabric of his collar. He is dashing, isn't he? "Or more than," She whispers, because it's definitely more than just fine. Regardless of him being ready or not, Raleigh looks great.