Opportunity

Jaune made his way through the woods. They must have exited the Forever Fall while he was fighting Adam, as these trees were now green instead of red. He kept watch for Grimm as he walked, a hand on his blaster. While he didn't understand the dark side creatures completely, he understood that they were hostile.

Eventually, he saw the wall. Exiting the woods, he saw just how far it went. It completely dwarfed the wall surrounding Luton, which made sense, seeing as this was a large city, and Luton was just a village.

Looking back, Jaune raised his hand to block the sunlight. The sun was setting, meaning the train ride had taken longer than Jaune thought.

He looked across the wall, looking for an entrance. He remembered where the train was going, and figured there would be an entrance there. So he began to walk along the wall.

It didn't take him long to see a gap in the wall. There was an entrance for the train, its track suspended off the ground. But below looked like a checkpoint. With armored guards at the entrance. This seemed like Jaune's best bet, that or cutting a hole in the wall with his lightsaber.

Walking up to the entrance, he waved to the guards. Attempting to be friendly, but got no response from the guards, who stayed stoic. He approached, and one of the guards opened his mouth to speak.

"Identification please." He said, Jaune was unable to read his face as it was blocked by a helmet.

"Identification?" Jaune questioned, thinking how he was going to be able to get out of this.

"Yes. You need identification to enter the city of Vale." The guard said, obviously bored. The second guard came up behind him to look at Jaune.

"Right... Here's my identification." Jaune said. Thinking quickly, he put his arm behind him. Before raising it back up towards the two. He channeled the Force, and reached into the minds of the two guards.

"You want to let me pass." Jaune said, waving his hand in a slow motion.

"I... want to let you pass." The guards muttered in unison. They each moved to the side, Jaune walked forward, guilt tugging his heart. He disliked having to use a mind trick on innocent people, but sometimes there were no other options.

He easily passed by the two, and quickly got out of sight before the mind trick wore off. He didn't once before, and the results weren't pleasant.

Now, he was finally inside Vale.

The city... didn't quite live up to the expectations. But Jaune figured you I had seen one city, you had seen them all. Especially after living on Coruscant for years. That entire planet was a giant city.

Still however, he could appreciate the culture and atmosphere of a city. Each one was different. This one felt more... alive. With no threat of way hanung over their heads, Jaune could feel the happiness and joy coming off everyone.

It was... pleasant. A very different feel than what he was used too. There had been no change between the clone wars and the Empire. People in the galaxy were always on edge, as if one wrong move could bright the fight to their home.

These people though?

Jaune walked near a park, seeing human and Faunus people playing with their children, with no concern whatsoever.

It gave him a smile.

Jaune spent the rest of the day simply wandering the city. As he had no currency to spend, he was content with simply standing outside and looking into the shops that dotted the streets.

Looking through one window, he found what seemed to be a weapon shop. As he watched through the glass, a father and a young child walked throughout the shop. Jaune was surprised, not expecting a weapons shop to be just out in the open.