One

*****

Knock! Knock!

"Ahyeon, baby wake up! let's have some breakfast together. Daddy and your Unnie are waiting downstairs." Mrs. Manoban outside of Ahyeon's door

"Hmmm. yes mommy I'll be there in a minute." she said as she stretched herself upright on her bed.

"Wait Unnie is here? shit!" Ahyeon gets up quickly because she knew that her Unnie didn't want her to be late at school. She just combed her hair and quickly went down to the dining area.

"Good morning everyone!" she said enthusiastically while raising her hands.

"Good morning Unnie." she approached Lisa and kissed her on the cheek.

"Ahyeon, you haven't  learned. I told you, you shouldn't let mommy wake you up, you should get up and prepare on your own," she said in her serious tone while putting a spread on her bread.

Mr. and Mrs. Manoban looked at each other. Since Lisa became the CEO, she became strict with her time and other people's time. because for her, every seconds is important so we shouldn't waste it.

"I'm sorry Unnie. I'm doing a project last night." she answered while getting food and put on her plate.

"Project or social media again? Don't waste mommy's time, she is still needed at the coffee shop and restaurant. You are grown up so you should know how to manage your time. Don't do it again or else I'll cut off your allowance." Lisa said and eat the bread

"Yes Unnie, I'm sorry again. I'm sorry mom." Ahyeon bowed her head.

"Finished your breakfast. I'll take you to the school." Lisa wiped her mouth and stood up to leave the dining area.

"I will wait for you outside." Lisa said seriously. She walked straight to the living area and didn't even look back.

"But Unnie, I haven't taken a ba-" she sighed

"Go now Ahyeon. Don't be stubborn." her dad said.

She couldn't do anything so she threw a tantrum while going up the stairs.

Mrs. Manobal shook her head because of Ahyeon's behavior.

"Dad, eat a lot. I just need to give these cupcakes to Mrs. Kim." she said

She took the box of cupcakes that was on the table. Lisa saw that her mother was struggling to carry the cake so she grabbed the box and helped her mom.

"Mommy you should ask for help from  ajumma. This box is so heavy." she said while walking outside of their house.

"She's busy washing the dishes and I can handle this no need to bother her. I can bring this to Mrs. Kim even without her. You'll go with me right?" Lisa stopped walking and swallowed nervously.

"Y-you mean, you'll take this to Mrs. Kim?" she stammered

"Yes, she ordered food and cakes for her daughter's welcome back party. Remember your ex-girlfriend, Jennie?" her mom looked at her mischievously.

Lisa just nodded and she left dumbfounded.

"Come on Lisa we need to get in Mrs. Kim's house before 7am." there are only two houses between the Manoban family and the Kim family.

Her mother was already at the gate while she was still at the main door. She just returned to her trance because Ahyeon slapped her arms.

"Let's go Unnie. What's wrong with you?" Ahyeon said and immediately entered her Unnie's car.

"Mom, just ride in and we'll drop you off at Mrs. Kim's house. Ahyeon's getting late." she put the box of cupcakes inside her car and she wait for her mom to get inside and start the engine.

A few minutes later they were in front of the Kim Family's house

"Good morning Mrs. Kim." Lisa greeted the woman waiting in front of the gate and bowed her head to give respect.

"Good morning too Lisa. Good to see you again." she replied and smiled.

"Good morning Mrs. Kim. Here's the cupcakes. Let me know if the sweetness of the cupcakes is okay for you or if I need to add some more so we can adjust it. Don't hesitate to let me know." Lisa's mom interrupted the two.

"Excuse us Mrs. Kim and mom, I think we need to go. It's getting late. I still have site visit today." Lisa said goodbye to the two.

She bowed her head to the women and she quickly get inside the car.

After Lisa took Ahyeon to her school, she immediately went straight to her office and started working.

knock! knock!

She looked at the door to see who was there.

"Hi Lisa!" Jisoo greeted Lisa while munching her chicken burger sandwich.

"What are you doing here?" she asked Jisoo.

"Is that how you greet your guest Ms. CEO" she said while holding her chest as if she was being hurt by Lisa's question. she rolled her eyes.

"So what is it Kim Jisoo spill the tea. I have a lot to do and I have a site visit later." she said irritably.

"So rude Ms. CEO. Do you have a period?" Jisoo asked laughing.

"What do you need?" on Lisa's serious tone.

"Let's go to the bar later with Wendy and Seulgi. We won't take no for an answer bitch." Jisoo said

"My God Jisoo! Is that all you want to say? Ok fine but please don't disturb me for that kind of bullshit." she said with a frown

"You're getting rude Ms. CEO. By the way we have some news for you but will tell it later at the bar." Jisoo whispered to her.

"Whatever! Go back to work or else I'll fire you." she said and Jisoo quickly get out of her office.

Jisoo is a friend of her and one of  her engineers in their company. They've known each other since they were grade school together with Rosé who is an architect as well. Actually, they are seven in their circle but Jennie left and pursued her career in New York being a designer to one of the famous luxury fashion brand.

*****

Ahyeon, Ruka and Chiquita are walking on the way to the school cafeteria.

When they arrived at the cafeteria, they immediately chose something to eat and went straight to their reserved table

"Thank God it's friday we can rest for the whole weekend unless, Mrs. Park won't give us a homework to do."  Ahyeon said while munching her egg sandwhich

" You know her, she always surprises us about her stupid project or homework." Ruka rolled her eyes.

"Hey I would like to invite you tomorrow at our house for my sister's welcome back party." Chiquita said while eating.

"Do you mean that Jennie Unnie is coming home? Is she not leaving again?" Ahyeon asked with excitement on her face.

"I don't think so. She has a project to do here in Korea and I think she is with her suitor who is also her colleague." Chiquita saw disappointment from Ahyeon's face.

Ahyeon and Chiquita know Jennie and Lisa's relationship before and since the former lovers broke up, things have changed a lot, especially Lisa.

They witnessed how Lisa was hurt and so depressed.

And they can't blame Lisa if things don't go back to the way they were before.

Since the ex lovers broke up, Lisa has always been grumpy, irritable, always frowning and rarely laughed as if she forgot the things that she usually does.

Lisa is mischievous, jolly, sweet, caring and loving to everyone before. Most of all she can make a sad atmosphere into a happy one but all of a sudden it disappeared and it changed her a lot.