what are we?

I wake up to the smell of weed, sea water and cologne. My favourite scents.

"Good morning Jade." A familiar voice says but I haven't completely woken up yet until I realise where I am. I'm in JJ Maybank's bed not to mention my leg draped over the side of him, my head resting on his chest and my hand on top of his chiseled abs. Do I pretend to be asleep so I can stay like this forever?

"Oh shit sorry." I reply to him and start to detach from the blonde boy before he grabs my waist and holds me in the position.

"No need to move my love, i'm comfortable." He says which gives me immediate butterflies. "Wanna know what we haven't done in a while?" He asks me hinting towards his old laptop.

"Oh my god it must be about time we rewatch Avatar." I say excitedly. Avatar is our most favourite movie and we use to watch it all the time to distract us from our problems. Now i'm not talking about the last air bender i'm talking about the one with the blue people aka Na'vis. JJ is in love with Neytiri but I can't blame him because so am I, but I also have a thing for Jake Sully.

"Wanna watch it right now? We don't have to be at John B's until later he texted me and DCS is checking in." He says eager to start the three hour long movie.

"Fuck yeah I do." I reply getting comfy under the sheets and snuggling into JJ's warm scent. "Hurry up and turn it on mate."

"Mate? Is that what I am to you?" He says with a cheeky grin on his face.

"Shut up and watch the movie Jay." I say while putting my finger up to his mouth in an act to shush him which backfires when he licks it to get it away from him. "Ew you weirdo." I say and before he can fight back I play the movie grabbing both of our attention.

Four pee breaks later and the three hour movie has come to an end. Leaving me with salty tears running down my face and I think I even heard JJ sobbing a bit back there. The ending of this movie is just beautiful like honestly I wish I was a Na'vi living with the Omaticaya Clan.

"We have watched this movie over 100 times and you still cry at the end." JJ says with a chuckle.

"Um of course I do, it's a beautiful love story. You just don't get it." I reply back wiping my tears and sitting up to face him with a smile.

"Oh don't I?" He asks sarcastically pushing laptop off his lap and pulling me on top of him. Jesus christ this boy is doing things to me.

"Yeah you don't. Sorry not sorry." I reply cheekily in which he starts tickling me and repeating the question 'do i not?' over and over until I cant handle being tickled anymore. "Fine you do!" I exclaim realising that he's now straddling me and our faces are just inches away.

"Thank you milady." He says while tucking my loose hairs behind my ears and leaning in for a kiss to which I do not deny. Oh my god it is finally happening, I can't believe he liked me back this entire time. Or am I just another one of his hookups?

The kiss is passionate and very nice which leaves me gasping for air when his lips detach from mine. Wanting more I cup his jawline and pull him back down in which he flips me over so i'm straddling him. He has one hand on my thigh and the other in my hair which turns me on even more. I know we can't do it right now but yeah I really fucking want to and I hope he feels the same. We kiss each other one last time before we part and I roll off of him onto my back.

"Jesus Jade, didn't know you had that in you." He says looking over at me as happy as ever.

"I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve Jay. You'd be surprised." I reply back trying my best to flirt with the boy i've known since I can remember.

"Guess we will have to keep on kissing so I can find out." He says back allowing me reassurance that he doesn't want more and likes me in that way.

"Damn I guess so, what a bummer." I say just to add a little more flirtatious energy into the mix.

[phone buzzes]

"That's John B wanna go over there now?" He asks me looking up from his phone.

"Only if I get to ride behind you on your bike." I wink at him before he springs out of bed and grabs my hand.

"Couldn't think of anything better." He replies with a grin then picks me up and puts me over his shoulder and walks me over to his bike.