8

Andy:

"Can't breathe," I wheeze, holding my tummy.

"Suck. It. In." Jimena says through her teeth, trying to zip me up.

"Here, I'll hold both sides," Amanda joins Jimena. "You zip her up."

With more easiness, they're able to zip me up.

"Finally," Amanda exhales, falling backwards on my bed dramatically.

"Phew," Jimena wipes the nonexistent sweat from her forehead. "Thank the Lord."

"Que exageradas son," I stick out my tongue, going to Amanda's body length mirror.

"Girl, we aren't exaggerating!" Jimena moves Amanda's leg and takes a seat.

"Yeah, I can see your lonjas [body rolls] forming all the way from over here." Amanda hugs my teddy bear.

I ignore her, concentrating on my reflection. This is why I don't dress up. I admit they did a great job. I look pretty, but I'm showing too much skin.

"Are you sure this is appropriate for my first day of work?"

"Qué si [Yes]." Mandy rolls her eyes in frustration.

"Don't you think it's a little too... revealing?"

"How?" Jimena goes to the shopping bags, rummaging through them. "If you really must, then here."

She hands me a blazer. Putting it on, I look back at the mirror. I do look nice but...

"This dress doesn't even reach my knees."

"Your point?" Through the mirror, I can see Amanda sitting up.

"Andy, you look gorgeous!" Jimena compliments me. "I can't believe you hide underneath your loose t-shirts. You have a nice body."

"Gee, thanks."

"Take a compliment, darling."

"I do take compliments," I argue.

Amanda snorts. "Uh-huh, sure."

Jimena's phone rings, interrupting my death glare towards Amanda. She looks at the caller ID and turns off her phone.

"¿El novio?" Amanda teases, raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"Ha! I wish."

Frowning, I turn to her. "Then who was it?"

"The d*ckhead." Jimena turns serious.

Oh. Her brother.

I press my lips together. "How come you two don't get along? "

She exhales frustratedly. "Let's just say his actions irritate me, his personality, his thinking. Everything about him bugs me. Even when he breathes, I have the need to punch him.

"To be honest, I don't like him either."

"Amanda." I scold her.

"What?" She gets all defensive. "I feel sorry for Jimena. That guy is her only sibling."

"Eso no es cierto [That's not true]." I throw a pillow to Amanda's face.

"Ow!"

"She has two sisters now!" I jump on Jimena's back, tackling her down to the ground with me. We groan from the impact.

"Really?" Jimena grunts.

Amanda laughs so hard that she holds her tummy. After she's done laughing, she helps Jimena up. "Yeah. I'm actually glad we got to meet you."