4

Andy:

Looking up, I find myself staring at a very tall and big man with dark shades holding his cup of chamomile tea away from him. I gulp.

"I-I'm sorry. I should've been paying attention." I apologize.

He offers me a napkin, which I hesitantly take. Not that it'll do much. My white shirt has a huge stain on the front of my blouse, but it's the thought that counts.

Wait. Oh no. I check my phone and let out a breath of relief. My phone. It's safe! I repeat. It's safe!

"You should be more careful." Simple, yet commanding. I don't like it.

"No worries. I'll try harder next time." I assure him. Because there won't be a next time.

"Who are you?" He asks. Despite his shades, I can feel his eyes on me and for some reason that alone makes my face go hot.

"Andrea!"

I turn around and see Mr. Perez catching up to us. Wonderful. Yes, yell it for the whole world to know. Now, he knows my name.

"I'm sorry it took so long. Ready?" Mr. Perez looks down at me, placing his hand on my back. I shut my eyes immediately, grasping his wrist and taking his hands off of me quickly.

"I assume you are done with your work, Perez." Mystery Man now has his attention on him.

He presses his lips together. "No, sir. I'm just walking Andrea to her car."

Pfff. No, you're not.

"I can walk myself out. I know the way out. Besides, you are busy and I completely understand. Gracias por todo [Thank you for everything]." I give him a nod.

Looking way up, I settle my eyes on Mystery Man's face. "Once again, I'm sorry for the accident."

With that said, I rush to the elevator, stumbling on my own two feet, and pressing the button to the main floor. I need to call Sheriff McCarthy back.

Reaching the main floor, I remember to go back to Mrs. Perez. It has to be quick though. Sheriff McCarthy's waiting for me.

"Yes, you came!" She squeals when I reach her, zoning on the front of my shirt with a curious face.

"Don't ask and yes, I'm here. Am I in trouble or...?"

She waves her hand. "No, nothing like that. I just want to be friends."

"Oh." I blink, feeling confused. "How come? You barely know me." And I barely know you.

"I know. But after that phone call yesterday, I already knew you were something else. Trust me. You don't know how many rude phone calls I've taken throughout the few years I've worked here. You're the first and only one who's been very nice to me."

"That's very sweet of you." I smile.

"See? You're even nice! I-" The phone on her desk rings, interrupting her.

She takes it, holding up her index finger to me. I wait patiently until the person on the other line hangs up on her.

She huffs, "I'm really sorry. I'm busy right now, but it doesn't mean we can't keep talking later! Let's have lunch together."

"Um, yeah. Sure! ¿Dónde [Where]?"

"I know this cafe. I'll text you the address."

"Yeah, okay. I've gotta go, too. Hasta al rato [See you later]." I start walking away, but come to a sudden halt. I turn around to look at her.