☆*:.。. Chapter One .。.:*☆

The mansion dwarfed everything in the street. It was massive... no, gigantic. It towered over the small civilian neighbourhood that stood in its way. It blocked the view of the sun in the afternoon and casted a shadow engulfing all around it.

The wood that it was built from looked ancient, fading and splintered from what you could see of it. The rest of it was wrapped in grape vines that hung covering nearly everything. The porch was bare and uninviting. The windows were draped in white cloth and some were broken. The front yard was untidy and not clipped but there were rose bushes growing closer to the house. Red and white glowed throughout the dark, muddy green bushes.

Some locals reported that they could hear wails and shrieks in the early mornings and the sound of wings flapping. The tourists never enter that part of town and the police are wary of any movement sighted inside. The residents have abandoned any houses within a 500 metre radius in fear of children wandering close to it in curiosity.
This mansion in an abandoned neighbourhood is known as 'Dragneel Mansion'.

I wandered through the town asking shop owners for jobs and finding any sight of free food, future hiding places from the guards and picking up info about the town and the 'Mansion'
I ended up not gaining a job and aimlessly walking towards the sunset. A shadow was cast across my face. I looked towards the object that had interrupted my thoughts. And there it was. "Dragneel Mansion." I whispered amazed. It sparkled in the hue of the orange, pink and purple sky. It was almost like a painting. A fairy tale nearly.
Intrigued, I ventured forward. I thought as to why the people are so afraid of this 'Dragneel Mansion' which I've heard so much about.

As time passed, the wind cooled and the atmosphere darkened. The Mansion looked more dark and taller as the shadows of the nearby street lamps danced off the walls. I was inside the forbidden area. I looked up again to the marvel of a structure.
It illuminated in the moonlight. There were no clouds in the sky only a dark blue painted across the horizon. The occasional bird would fly across carrying the moon on its wings.

I suddenly shivered. I quickly glance at the mansion's top right window. A figure draped in a white cloth disappeared. I weigh up my choices; Freeze to death admiring the scenery or have a warm bed to sleep in for the night.