3.The Vigilante's Leaders

Part : 2

Pairing : Kinshiro Toyama, the Leader of the Edo Vigilante × Makoto Nakagawa, the Leader of the Nagasaki Vigilante.

Source : Ninja Assassin

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Chrip.Chrip.Rustle.Breeze.

Makoto opened his eyes to see a vast blue sky with birds flying through the clouds. He stretched his aching body while sitting up against a tree beside himself.

'Where am I?'

As far as his eyes could see, colorful trees were rustling in the cold breeze, and birds were chirping. He remembered that he had been painting something, but how did he get here?

'Am I dreaming?' He thought as he scratched his head.

Whoosh.

Suddenly, a tiny white rabbit jumped in front of him.

"Woah, you scared me, little thing!" He exclaimed while patting his heart, which was thumping wildly.

The rabbit tilted its small head cutely and bounced around like it was trying to dance.

He was amused by it and patted the rabbit's white and fluffy head. The rabbit wasn't scared by him and it willingly allowed him to pet its head.

He had a soft corner for rabbits, specifically white rabbits because his marriage with Kinshiro was held in a Rabbit Shirine. At the thought of his lover, his expression turned sad. He missed that man. It has been months since they met, and even if they do, it was only during their Vigilantes' meetings.

"Shoo, shoo~. Go to your home." He shooed it away, worried about its safety.

It jumped away, likely in search of food.

He glanced up when something brushed his feet, it was the same white rabbit with something on its tiny hands. He was surprised as it passed him a blueberry, which he then took in his hands.

"This is for me?"

The small rabbit cutely nodded as if it understood human speech, and its long ears moved along with its motion. It looked quite adorable.

He smiled and thanked it, "Thank you, little guy."

. . . .

Makoto opened his eyes as his vision gradually recovered. He smelled the familiar scent of his paints; his newly finished painting of the Legendary Rabbit Spirit lay in front of him.

He had no idea about how or when he had fallen asleep, but the sun had already set and the moon was shining brightly in the sky. The moonlight was flooding the room. He was lucky that he didn't schedule a vigilante meeting tonight, or else the others would have seen him in quite an unprofessional state.

He signed, gazing at the moon. It had been two months since they had met in private.

He heard a knock on the door as it opened.

"Ukyo? What do you need?" Makoto inquired as his expression changed to his neutral poker face.

"There will be a Vigilante's meeting tomorrow. To discuss the recent unknown robberies in the town." Ukyo responded.

Makoto gave a nod. He felt that the reason for the recent unknown thefts was not carried out by simple-minded criminals because the robbers robbed people were more skillful than ordinary robbers and only stole items that were held as treasures or famous items like antique paintings, weapons, pottery, etc.,

Additionally, they learned from other undercover vigilantes that the stolen goods had been sold at auctions.

He was pondering when all of a sudden he swayed and leaned on the table in front of him for support, holding his head with hand.

"Are you okay?", Ukyo was startled as he stepped forward to support the Vigilante's Leader and kept a hand on his Leader's back, helping him to stand properly.

Ukyo glanced at the blue-haired man. His long blue hair looked messy, and his blue eyes looked tired and weak somehow. His kimono looked like it had been lazily put on.

"Have you put on some weight recently?" Ukyo asked as he peered at Makoto's slightly plump body, which had grown a little and could be known if they came too close to him.

"Huh?" Makoto looked at him with a confused look. He looked down at his slightly chubby body and frowned. When did he put up weight?

"Are you sure everything is alright? You've been acting strange lately," Ukyo's voice laced with worry.

"How about we ask Wasaka to check on you?"

'What if I'm indeed ill?', Makoto was also concerned. The other Vigilantes would then be troubled by him. He responded to his query with a little nod.

Ukyo explained to the anxious Kagura,who stayed rooted on his spot at the entrance of the painting room entrance ,not knowing what to do, "I'm going to take him to his room. Will you get Wasaka? And ask Asashi to close the shop early."

Kagura swiftly nodded before running off.

Ukyo supported his waist and walked him to where the Vigilante Leader's room. He opened the door and carefully assisted Makoto to settle on the futon.

. . .

Fifteen minutes later, Kagura walked in with Wasaka behind him.

"Be glad that I'm early," Wakasa stated as he followed the three. Asagi hastened after them to see what the commotion was. "And what happened to Makoto?"

"He always seems worn out, and acting unusually," Ukyo explained.

He listened to what happened and nodded as he entered the room. Makoto was awake but lying on the futon tiredly, covering his hands with his eyes.

Wasaka walked over, kneeled in front of the other man, and placed a hand on his right hand to feel his pulse. He was startled as he glanced up at the blue-haired Vigilante before opening his kimono and checking around his abdomen. He halted his movements and placed his palm over a certain area, pressing down just a little.

He was baffled as to how such a thing could occur, but he gently assisted him in dressing up before inviting the other three in.

"He is pregnant." He declared

Shock.

All the Vigilantes present were stunned, 'Makoto, a man is pregnant? And when did become gay? Who is the father, then? Was he a Viglinate, too? Or someone else in the town.'These doubts could be seen in their expressions.

"Kin..." Makoto mumbled while gazing down at his stomach.

"What?" Ukyo spoke up, looking at him.

Wasaka glanced at Makoto and informed him, "That's the father's name. Kinshiro is the father of this child."

As the Vigilantes were stunned into sculptures, the Nagasaki Vigilante's Leader ordered with his signature poker face, "There is a Vigilante's meeting tomorrow, right? Inform everyone that the meeting is tonight. An important one at that."