Patriotic Party

With Memorial Day and the Fourth of July just around the corner, we’ve put together some tips on how to throw an epic patriotic bash! Whether you’re having a backyard cookout, a pool party, or hitting the lake, we’ve got you covered. Here's a rundown of all the things you need to plan the ultimate mega-fun summer party! 

Send an Evite: Use websites such as evite.com, punchbowl.com, or even Facebook to personalize invitations for your friends and family. These websites will help you keep track of your guest list, and, even better, it’s all free!

Pick a Location: Whether you’re in a backyard, park, pool or lake, make sure you take the number of guests into consideration when choosing the venue! If you’re throwing a big backyard bash, invite as many people as you want, but if you want to spend the day on the lake, then maybe keep the guest list smaller.

Red, White and Beautiful Fashion: Go all out with stars, stripes, red, white and blue! How cute are these patriotic pieces?

1. American Flag Sweater $15 Forever21 

2. Bikini Top & Bottoms $18/$13 HM.com

3. Just Another Daydream Flat $28 ModCloth.com

4. Smiles All Around Circle Scarf $17 ModCloth.com

5. Heart-Shaped Sunglasses $6 Forever21.com 

6. Try Another Spangle Hair Tie Set $13 ModCloth.com 

7. All Star Shorts $48 Tobi.com

Decorations: Stars and stripes galore! Decorate using American flag print tablecloths, red, white and blue paper lanterns, and confetti from any party supply store. Paint Mason jars and fill them with flower arrangements for the centerpieces. String red, white and blue party lights all around. Entertain guests by setting up a photo booth with a cute backdrop and props to take fun pictures, and don't forget to create an upbeat party playlist!

Food: We’re not gonna lie, this is probably the most important part! Everyone comes to a party expecting to be fed well. Be creative! Make fun skewers with strawberries, blueberries and bananas, and serve finger food that is star shaped. For dessert, we love the idea of red velvet cupcakes with white icing and blueberries on top. Remember, though, just because you’re throwing the party doesn’t mean you have to do it all alone! Ask everyone to pitch in by bringing their favorite dish.

Lastly: Enjoy! Don’t be running around crazy when you should be mingling. Prepare ahead of time so that when it’s party time you can relax and have fun with your guests. 

-Justine magazine