Chapter 19- Shush Ruby Shush

"Ruby, ruby are you alright?"scorpo asked softly, leaning over her as her eyes started to crack.

"I'm.. I'm okay." Ruby whispered, sitting up on the floor to rub her forehead.

"What happened to you?" Scorpo asked as the lights flicked back on in the room.

"I.. I dunno." Ruby said, shrugging her shoulders as she looked around the room. "I was standing.. Right there." Ruby pointed to a muddy shoe print. "Then bam, I hit the floor." She said, slapping the floor to pretend it was her.

Scorpo couldn't help but chuckled at her. "Okay, come on we still have to look for Ari." He said, walking around the room.

"Wait up," ruby squeaked, getting up quickly to follow after him.

"I found another door," scorpo said, letting out a small breath as he heaved it open.

"It dark.." Ruby whimpered, tip toeing behind scorpo.

"Just a minute," scorpo said, pulling out a flashlight to turn it on. "There you go." He smiled, pulling out another to hand it to her.

"Thank you.." Ruby blushed softly, turning hers on to follow after him.

"Do you hear that?" Scorpo asked as he walked on down the hall way. There was a slight bubbling noise, like if you were to stick you're head under water and blow bubbles.

"I do.. What is it?" Ruby asked worriedly, hugging herself as she swayed her flashlight to look around everywhere.

Scorpo narrowed his eyes as he shined his flash around in the dark room they'd stepped Into. "Dunno," he answered rubys question.

Ruby bit her lip, jumping with a squeak. "S-scorpo something touched my foot." She whispered, quick stepping after him.

"It was probably your own foot," scorpo said, tilting his head when his light reflected off something. He then squinted and slowly moved towards what his light was reflecting off of.

"I-I'm serious.." Ruby whined, her hands shaking as she swayed her flash light around her feet trying to keep an eye on the floor.

"Shh," scorpo then told her, his red elvish ears twitching as he listened close to the bubbling sound which had gotten louder as he approached what ever it was that his light was reflecting off of.

"What is it?" Ruby whispered, getting on her tip toes to try and look from the spot she refused to move from.

"Shh," scorpo growled a little this time, wanting her to shut her dang mouth. He normally loved to listen to ruby- but this was business and he needed her to shush.

Ruby shut her mouth tight, frowning at how scorpo had growled at her. Rubys eyes then widened when she saw a super quick flash of black flick past her eyes. "Scorpo..." She whined.

Scorpo reached out a hand while ignoring her, though when his hand came to lay flat on a smooth and cold surface his brows scrunched. What was it?

"S-scorpo.." Ruby stuttered, shivering as she gripped her flash light tight, trying to shine it in the direction she saw the black flash. But who ever, or what ever it was was already gone.

"Shush ruby shush," scorpo growled again, lifting his light to shine it at his hand. What he saw was the reflection from his light and well, he saw himself, his own reflection; it was a mirror.

Though it wasn't just any mirror, but a mirror of fears. Scorpo stayed staring at the mirror, wanting to know why a mirror would be in a place like this.

He stared for a long moment until his reflection riffled away like water and fire started crawling around on the inside of the mirror making his eyes widen. There was the sound of a woman screaming, a scream that only scorpo could hear being it took a memory from his fears.