Chapter 23- Her names Nelia

"Okay... So, you are a dragon.." Ruby mumbled, scratching her neck.

"And.. I'm.. I'm a fire elf." She said, pointing to herself, quickly holding out her hands in surprise when the wobbly hatchling peeped at her.

"Okay.. This isn't weird at all, right? Um.. I'm just an elf and your a dragon. Dragons.." She laughed slightly, this was so weird.

She'd heard dragon rider fairy tales that the weird old man at the bakery back home used to tell.

But to see a real love dragon and not be burnt to death? She was trying her hardest not to freak out right now.

"Beautiful isn't she?" Came a gently voice, that put a smile on rubys confused face. Aragin.

"She is.. But.." Ruby mumbled, looking over at the little scaly red creature.

"Your a rider ruby," Aragin told her, setting a diamond hand on her slender shoulder. "It's a rare gift, enjoy it while you have it. Because you never know how long it will last."

Surely it would last forever right? She was supposed to me immortal.. And weren't dragons?

Ruby shook the thought of on of them dying from her head.

"She will always be by your side, you two will have to learn to work as a team. Because you two will really start to depend on each other as your bond grows stronger." Aragin told her, kneeling by the little dragon.

How did he know so much? Ruby wondered.

She blinked slowly when the little dragon crawled right into Aragins waiting hands to have him stroke down her spine.

"H-how did you get her to not bite you?" Ruby mumbled.

"Well, I let her come to me." Aragin said, then wiggling his diamond fingers. "Plus dragons are attracted to jewels." He chuckled.

Well that made some sense.

Ruby nodded, so all she had to do was gain the dragons trust and then she wouldn't have to fear being bitten?

She did admit to spooking the dragon though, accidentally spooking her.

"Hold out your hands, ruby." Aragin instructed.

Rubys eyes widened but she did as told, holding them out, shaking slightly.

Please

Please

Please

Please

Don't

Bite.

She tightly closed her eyes as Aragin when to place the tiny creature in ruby hands.

Ruby cracked her eyes to look down into the creatures matching to her eyes.

After she'd felt the warmth from they tiny scaly ball she smiled small, getting a peep and a few purrs from the creature as she copied what Aragin had done and stroked her spine.

"What are you going to name her?" Aragin asked, tilting his head to smile softly at ruby.

Hmm.. What was a dragon name.. Fluffy? No, she had scales.

Ruby bit her lip, scaly? No. To obvious.

Cheetos? She really seemed to like Cheetos. She shook her head, no way.

She thought for quite a long time. Mixing different names up. It had to be original.

She giggled softly as the little dragon made a bunch of peeping sounds that sounded like 'ne ne ne'

Ruby suddenly gasped, it hit her.

Nelia

"Her names Nelia," ruby smile brightly, looking down at her dragon who looked to of done a little happy dance, wiggling her tail and shuffling her tiny wings best she could. Peeping and purring loudly.

Ruby giggled, nodding. "Nelia it is."