A Step Forwards For One, Two Steps Back For The Other

,,Damn that weird dream! Had it not happened, I would've felt fine for the day."

******

Jay let out a sigh as he flew over the mountains, looking down for any trace that the kiddo could've left. So far, nothing interesting showed up.

Jay was on his own as others went their own separate ways, leaving the blue ninja alone with his thoughts.

He ran his hand through his hair and glanced at the dragon. ,,Do you think the kid is still around?"

Wisp made no sound as he looked around passively, seemingly ignoring his owner, like it has been doing for the whole time.

Jay pouted. ,,Oh, come on, just because you don't like a bit of cold, that doesn't mean you have to give me the silent treatment!"

He received no response from the dragon. The blue ninja rolled his eyes and continued to look around. He suppressed a shiver as a gust of wind managed to reach him.

Ugh, it's so chilly up here, I wonder why the kid was heading here in the first place.

Jay frowned.

It couldn't be good for the kid to stay around for this long in weather like this. The kiddo would surely end up with a cold or something worse. It's not like Jay really cared for Lloyd, but he'd rather find the kid in good shape rather than bad.

The ninja didn't notice that he was getting sidetracked before a loud huff interrupted his train of thought.

,,Huh?"

There was another huff and Jay realized it came from Wisp. The ninja narrowed his eyes and put a hand on his hip.

,,Oh, so now you wanna talk? Well, guess what, I ain't listening, so you can save it."

Wisp let out a growl.

,,I didn't like your silent treatment either buddy, but you didn't care, did you?"

More growling ensued.

,,It's only fair-wOAH!" Jay yelped and grabbed onto his seat tightly as Wisp suddenly stopped mid-air and refused to move further.

Jay was baffled. ,,Hey! What gives?!" He asked as he pulled on the reins to get the dragon moving, though that proved to be useless.

,,C'mon, move, you little-EEP!" Jay squeaked as the dragon jerked downwards.

The blue ninja growled in annoyance. ,,What is your problem?" He hissed at Wisp, who narrowed his eyes and motioned towards the ground with his head.

Jay stared at the dragon in confusion before looking down himself. His eyes widened as he spotted a hole that looked like a small ravine.

,,Oh, so that's why you stopped. How did I miss that?" Jay wondered as he inspected the hole further.

He received a blank stare from Wisp in response.

Jay rolled his eyes. ,,Okay, I get it, I was getting distracted." He paused for a moment. ,,I guess we gotta look what's in the hole."

Jay and Wisp landed nearby the ravine and cautiously looked at it. The blue ninja carefully stepped closer to look into the cave. He squinted as his eyes went over the frozen spikes and ice floor, that was pretty low down.

Jay quickly glanced at Wisp. ,,Do you think the kiddo could be there?"

The dragon gave a blank stare. Jay bit his lip.