Hopes and Doubts

,,Ready or not Lloyd, here we come."

******

Lloyd didn't get much sleep after the freakish dream. Actually, he didn't get any sleep at all. He tried getting comfortable, counting whatever things he could, reciting some of the boring lessons he's been in, but nothing helped.

He kept thinking about the things his uncle said. About the world shattering and turning into an endless pit. About how he couldn't move, but could only watch as Kai and Wu fell into the void. And why did he feel a hint of worry for them?

Lloyd sighed and closed his eyes as he stood in front of the cave entrance.

Well, it was only a weird dream, so it shouldn't matter that much.

Then why did it keep haunting him?

Lloyd's brows furrowed.

Maybe it's the way he himself was acting in the dream? The way he lashed out at his uncle was so embarrassing...

The fact he was so prone to getting emotional irked Lloyd to no end. He had to keep his stupid emotions in check or he'd make a mess of himself.

Lloyd opened his eyes and looked towards Pythor, who was still deep in his slumber.

Lloyd had to be strong for Pythor. For the serpentine. Being an emotional brat wasn't going to be much help for his scaled companions.

Man, he wanted that tomorrow's tea so bad.

Huh, I wonder how I will sound like. Hopefully a whole different, can't have that blasted red ninja or the others recognizing me.

Lloyd scowled as his thoughts went to the fire ninja.

At the end of the dream, he could recall Wu scolding Kai for... touching a tea?

Despite himself, Lloyd let out a snort. That sounded ridiculous.

Lloyd sobered up once he remembered other words the old man said.

,,Lloyd cannot handle all of us!"

What was that supposed to mean? Lloyd could handle them just fine! Well, maybe not in a fight...

Lloyd shook his head. Wu must've had something else in mind, but what?

The blonde crossed his arms as he thought about the dream. The dream went on smoothly until Kai showed up. That's when things went down, literally.

Lloyd could remember feeling so, so heavy and losing control of his body. He couldn't move or make a sound. He shuddered at the memory.

Did... Wu mean that Lloyd couldn't handle the presence of more than one person? That didn't make sense at all, Lloyd could perfectly recall seeing crowds earlier in the dream, what made Kai so different?

Lloyd tapped his chin in thought.

Wu and Kai acted a bit too self-aware for his liking. A bit too... real. Something was definitely off.

Just like they acted more like actual people, they had been harder to handle. Lloyd's head did feel pretty heavy at their presence.

Lloyd let out a confused groan.

What did this mean?

,,Jade?"

Lloyd jumped and turned around quickly to see Pythor, who was no longer sleeping, looking at him.

,,Why are you up? Sunrise is hours away. You should be getting some rest." Pythor noted with slight concern.

Lloyd grimaced and rubbed his arm. ,,Um, I just had a bad dream and don't really feel like sleeping, that's all."