Chapter 4: Nikado Iki

I walk around at night. this is something i do all the time. a constant habit. as i walk I get to this shrine. I've always wanted to go to one. I stand there for about 5 minutes just staring at it. I decide to walk up to the stairs to the shrine. when I get there there is this small booth and then a giant mansion behind it. they're some distance apart. I walk up to pray at the stand but I don't know what to pray for. I have nothing.

"I see you must be troubled by something. whats going on?" I hear a man's voice say.

I turn around and see a tall man in an olive green kimono with a beautiful overcoat of Navy and Orange values. I admire the embroidery at how perfect it is. I shake my head.

"I-i should be going now....." I go to leave he grabs my hand gently and pulls me into a hug. im absolutely shocked. nobody besides touka has hugged me. I feel an amazing warmness. this is something I've been wanting for ages. I start to cry and he hugs me a little tighter and starts stroking my hair to calm me down.

Later on im in the big part of the shrine. its basically a mansion. its huge. I sit and eat dinner with the man.

"oh my, excuse me. I haven't introduced myself. my name is Nikado Iki, Iki is just fine. and your name is?"

"my name is Hinata" I say and we shake hands.

I noticed he has a firm grip. But it's still very soft and gentle. He gives me a perfect smile And I find myself smiling back. I notice he has a black blob around him and he notices mine too. Is he? Does he have a demon as well? Nikaido looks at me worried.

"It seems you have one too?" He says.
"Yes" I nod slowly tearing up and nikaido pulls me into a warm embrace. He smells nice. The blobs separate from us and head towards each other. I wonder what they're doing. They form into human shapes and give each other looks. Touka looks happy but sad at the same time. I've never seen her display any emotion before.