Tokyo Drift

As soon as he said, "You're literally out of your mind," I cracked a smile and closed up the bonnet of my car.

I cracked a grin and replied, "Trust me, I've been living all my days out there in Korea doing some racing shit pieces of stuff. That dubbed king of yours isn't even close to my levels."

He said, almost frantic, "Dude, he's the fucking most prominent drift underground racer out here!"

Drift?

I gave him an expression of confusion as my brows furrowed.

I questioned, "Drift?"

"Yes, he's reckoned with as the drift king, and nobody can ever mess with him or get in his league."

I asked "What do you mean drift?" as precise racers who were drifting entered my field of vision, causing me to become more aware of them.

He shocked back onto his calm place and shouted, "Dude, you fucking race but you don't have any idea what drifting is?!" He gazed at me with a look of disgust.

I snapped, "Fucking hell. It was barely a thing back in Korea!"

He almost tumbled to the ground, yelling, "Jesus fucking Christ, are you kidding?!"

I hissed, "Do I look like I'm joking?!"

Right now, leaving isn't even a good idea because it will be more challenging to get out of this area because it is overflowing with cars and people. God forbid, what was I even thinking?

I leaned against my car while licking my lips just as the group of people stepped in front of me. Who in the world are these thugs? They obviously don't appear to be good people; in fact, they even give the impression of having undefeated crooks.

The man focused at me, "You're racing tonight?"

I responded with a raised eyebrow, "I am, got a problem with that?"

He grinned and pushed his fingers through his long hair, saying, "You're feisty, I like you already."

He probed, "What's your name?"

"You'll know someday," I cracked a grin.

"The way you live appears to be chock-full of secrets," He said with a sigh.

I laughed, "You drift?" I asked.

He smirked and said, "I ain't racing if I can't drift."

I smiled and moved out of him. I turned back to face him as I unlocked the door of my car. It's now or never even though I know in the back of my mind that I can't fucking drift. I would never leave and let people believe I'm such a wimp.

"Are we talkin' or racin', Drift King Jeon Jeongguk?"