Chapter Two.

Skinny- Chapter One

*Two years earlier*

Sophie breathed in heavily, attempting to catch her breath. Her now ex-boyfriend, Zayn, had been chasing after her for around 15 minutes. Why, you may ask; because she just saw him and her ex-best friend kissing on their 6-month anniversary. While the relationship in full had been shitty anyway, it hurt her immensely to see Kara, one of her two best friends at the time, betraying her in such a way.

Her phone buzzed. It was a text message from Zayn.

Running away from your problems? Bad move. You should know that by now, shouldn’t you babe? I WILL find you. Watch your back.

Her heart stopped. She wasn’t surprised; Zayn had done things like this before, but not to that extent. And she knew that he would go to certain lengths to get what he wants.

Sophie coughed; the air of the musty closet she had flung herself into was getting a bit too much. It cut through the silence as a knife would. As soon as she had, Sophie pushed herself up against the back of the cramped space, worried that Zayn would find her and beat her. It surely wouldn’t be the first time..

*flashback*

“Babe, get me some beer, will ya?” Zayn asked from the recliner.

“My class starts soon, I won’t have enough time. It’ll be the fifth time that I’ve been late and my professor will kill me,” Sophie rambled, before being cut off.

“That wasn’t a question,” he said menacingly. “Go get me some beer; now.”

Sophie decided it was about time to stand up to him. Better now than never, right?

“No,” she stated proudly, though her strong aura dwindled as he stood up from the couch.

“What did you just say?” Zayn challenged.

“I said no. I’m not going to be ordered around by you anymore. I’m my own person and-“ her voice cut off as a large amount of force slashed against her left cheek. Her boyfriend had just slapped her.

*flashback over*

That day had started a chain of beatings. Needless to say, Sophie never actually got to class that day..

After about ten minutes of hiding in the closet, she decided to step out. But honestly, none of that would've happened either time if she hadn't opened her fat mouth. In the present, especially if she hadn't slapped him. Maybe it wasn't the best thing that she could've done, but she had drawn to a blank and she was so furious that her hand had made her make a irrational decision. After she hit him, Sophie ran away, faster than she had ever before.

Once Zayn had gotten over the shock, he began to follow her, forgetting about the ginger waiting in his room. After a while, he chose to stop his search. He could get her back easily later.

 'Watch out Sophie, I'm coming to get ya.' Zayn thought evilly to himself.

Short and crappy. Well isn’t that just a great combination (note sarcasm). I hope this makes up for the long wait of months. I feel so bad for making y’all wait so long for this.. this thing that shouldn’t even be considered a chapter. I’ll try and update again tomorrow, and hopefully it’ll be better.

Thanks for reading!

Vote, comment, and fan!

Shannon xoxo