The Last Ronin

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE COPYRIGHT TO THEIR ORIGINAL OWNERS

WARNING: THE FOLLOWING CHAPTER CONTAINS BLOOD AND GORY DETAILS

Chapter 10: The Last Ronin

This should be a nightmare where Michelangelo prays to wake up screaming but there's nothing but silent reality...

The heartbroken mutant just kneels on the ground, grieving miserably for the deaths of his fallen brothers, slain by the wicked Gideon.

Misery, lost, and alone in this hellish future with no one to aid him now, Michelangelo felt like there was nothing to go on for if he cannot return to his past.

Eventually, he miserably walks away from his deceased brothers and wanders aimlessly around the dead city with no care or thought in the world to regard his life...if a drone or one of Ex-Mutation soldiers comes by and wanted to kill him, Mikey would gladly let them if it means to reunite with his family in the afterlife.

But alas, wandering around the city late at night and not a single soul was spotted in the ruins of the island.

Michelangelo soon found himself, walking in the dark gloomy sewers, just aimlessly walking with no purpose. This shouldn't be the end of the Hamato Clan, it just can't for Mikey.

But his brothers are dead, his friends are dead, his father is dead, everyone that Mikey knew in life was long gone and he was the last mutant standing.

This must be what it feels like to the last person on earth and nothing but monsters have taken over the planet. Why was he alive when New York was destroyed without a single breath of life? Why was he here if just to suffer and be alone?

Immediately he found his way back into the ruins of his old home where he first found Donatello in this timeline.

He didn't know why he was back here but a part of him thinks that maybe it's the heart calling him home but...where is home now? Nothing left in this lair is anything to be called home.

He soon looks at the dojo stand standing but empty with some ruins of the debris before he realises that the tree that was planted in the dojo room was dead. He then walks closer and soon sees a small cross buried next to a familiar cane and robe.

This was where Master Splinter was buried by Donatello and Raphael when he died.

Fresh new tears fall from the already grieving turtle as he lies beside the grave of Splinter, weeping silently and feeling more lost and alone than ever before.

"Papa...I'm so sorry" He cried. "I failed you, I failed my brothers, I failed everyone...If I hadn't mess up, none of this would ever happened and now there's nothing...nothing to go on for"

The poor turtle kept weeping until he heard a few noises coming from the ruined lair as he hid behind in the shadows to see a few Ex-Mutation soldiers searching for any mutants alive.

"You're certain the boss said that the last mutant is in there?" One of the soldiers asked.

"You're really questioning the president?" Another one scoffed.

"I don't blame him since he was nearly blinded by that mutant who gave that surprise assault on him" A third soldier pointed out.

Michelangelo realises that Gideon must have used his power to restore his eyes but obviously lied about how it happened.

"He did look pale when he returned like something must have happened" The first soldier said while searching the area.

"You don't think the rumors about him are true?" The second soldier quizzed.