Chapter 3

I can't believe it.

When Evangeline would talk about him I didn't actually expect him to look and be like this. Look wise he's something I would dream of in my sleep. He has a heavenly face that was perfectly sculpted by God. Personality wise tho he's the biggest jerk in the land of jerkwads'. Sure he's probably one of the most popular people at this school but I've never seen him until today and let's just say his appearance wasn't the highlight of my gloomy day.

I'm freezing while drenched in coffee, and school starts in less than 40 minutes. It took me a good fifteen minutes to get to the city and I still haven't eaten or gotten my coffee. That's the unluckiest thing ever.
I hear someone clear their throat and that makes me glance up to see Matteo looking down at me with a smirk plastered across his face. His being perfectly clean while I'm drenched in most of his coffee angers me to do something that I normally wouldn't do.

I see the remainder of his coffee sitting in the plastic paper cup that's being held up by his veiny hands. Before he can sense me looking I snatch the cup out of his hand and pour the drink on his head. The drink trickles down starting and his shoulders and spreading throughout the rest of his body. I don't think he seems to enjoy the sensation especially after his coffee went cold because his jaw is slightly locked and his smirk is no longer visible. When I glance back at him one last time it seems that his once beautiful grey eyes are now dark pools of anger.

I turn my head and begin walking out towards the coffee shop.

—-

The bell to the coffee shop chimes and the people sitting glance up to see who arrived. People usually only glance up and then turn away but because of my disheveled appearance, the eyes linger on my body judging every inch of it. I've learned that embarrassing moments are better than what I could've got. Because of my father if I ever decided to go back to the public or if I just stayed I would get judged a lot more than I do now.

Once the amount of eyes on me has died down I decide I want to order. Once I get to the front of the line i glance up at the menu. The cashier decides that my appearance at the moment is funny because he snickers.

"What happened to you?" he ask out of breath from laughing.

I take a deep breath to control my anger " Nothing, someone just ran into me." he nods in understanding and then asks for my order. I glance at the menu again skimming to make sure that I don't miss anything.
I settle on an iced coffee and a coffee cake muffin to last me the morning.

I was about to walk away before the barista shouts to get my attention. I halt in my steps and turn back sharply. My eyebrows are drawn together in confusion and it quickly disappears when he says "What's your name?", "Quinn, what about you?" "Andy!" he smiles brightly.