Chapter 4 - Welcome to the Club, Buddy

*Addiction to Tumblr intensifies, remembers that I used to make crappy stuff on Wattpad*
*...Returns for a moment to make crappy stuff anyways, also proceeds to ignore writing style change*

After waiting around a half hour outside, you got bored and decided to see if the previous crew of Sycamore Base left anything behind.

You: Let's see here...

Using a tablet, you quickly rummaged through old files and images left behind. Most of the images turned out to be memes (I'll let you interpret what memes were stored) while most of the text entries turned out to be tests on various things planned to be developed here.

Amongst the equipment on the drawing board, two of them caught your interest. The first one was labeled as a "Compact Space Construction and Mining Suit," but upon opening it up you realized what it was.

 The first one was labeled as a "Compact Space Construction and Mining Suit," but upon opening it up you realized what it was

According to its details, this suit was intended to cut down the costs and faults of SCVs. You played enough StarCraft II Co-Op to know how much better Dominion Laborers were in terms of costs, production time, and utility over traditional SCVs.

"Sydney, look at this." Sydney came over to your side and upon seeing the laborer suit, she looked visibly agitated.

"Why does every Terran insist on replacing me?? I'm great at my duties already!" She exclaimed proudly, and you simply just deadpanned at her. She blushed and slightly turned away in embarrassment after your look. "Okay, my thrusters falter just a little bit sometimes..."

You just went back to looking at your tablet for any other equipment descriptions, Sydney looking over your shoulder this time. The next file actually got your interest. It was a list full of proposed upgrades for the tech available to Sycamore Base before its abandonment.

The list included these upgrades (Special Thanks to @Dragon11756 for these upgrades):

Automated Guns: Bunkers gain a set of four automated machine guns capable of omnidirectional rotation. They fire 25% faster, 25% further and deal 10% more damage compared to standard C-14 assault rifles. Estimated cost of 65,000 credits.
Current automated defense systems for bunkers are lackluster. Raynor's Raiders came up with the Shrike Turret, but it only equates to the damage of one C-14 assault rifle. Thus, my team and I have developed the C-20 Light Machine Gun alongside the TT-19 Automated Defense System to improve our bunkers when troops are on their break time. -Josh Walker

Added to the upgrade description was an image of the C-20 LMG.