Chapter 21

Sun Archer

"Dad, what's happening?" I can see the scared face of my father as he approaches me and Mom.

I've never seen him like this, he always hides his problems and make sure that we don't get involved in any of his business.

"Sun, you need to go with your Mom." I looked at him with curiosity, Mom and Dad stared at each other and nodded as if they were reading each others mind.

The next thing I knew was that my Mom held my hand and we ran as fast as we can away from home.

"Mom! Stop!" I took my hand and stopped at the middle of the road hoping that she would answer my question. "Can you tell me what's going on?" I asked.

"This is not the right time to ask questions, Sun." She answered and looked at me as if I needed to understand the situation.

We both looked at a black van coming towards us, I can see my Mom smiling as the van stops in front of us.

"It's about time, Faye."

A girl same as my Mom's age was sitting next to the drivers seat, I think my Mom was murmuring about what took them so long.

"Sumakay nalang kayo daming sinasabi eh." Faye answered and I was the first one to hop in the van.

"I need to help Jeric." Mom said to Faye. She looked at me, "Sun, babalikan ko si Daddy ah dito ka lang."

My whole body began to tremble when she said those words.

It's because every night I dream of it again and again.

Since I arrived here in the camp, it keeps on haunting me. The last thing I remember was that both of my parents died. And that black van with those two people brought me here.

To where I belong.

I regret why I didn't chase Mom when she decided to come back for my Dad. I could've saved her, she would be here with me.

I should've begged her to stay with me in the van so that she would not lose her life.

Every single day.

I still wished to turn back time, to correct my mistakes.

And do my part, to save my parents.

Archana Luisa

Nakatitig ako sa mukha ni Sun na natutulog habang nakakunot ang noo. Hindi ko alam anong pinapanaginipan ng lalaking ito.

Umaga na kasi ngayon at kami na ni Horace ang magbabantay sa labas ng camp, silang tatlo kasi mga lalaki ay nanood ng pelikula dito sa sala kagabi.

Hindi ko nga alam ano pa ang pinaggagawa nila kasi bagsak na bagsak silang tatlo ngayon eh.

"Since Aeron is still asleep, I cooked breakfast for us." Nilingon ko si Yana na nasa kusina at inilapag sa lamesa ang niluto niyang bacon and eggs at kasunod na kinuha ang fried rice.

"Wow naman! Magugustuhan ka lalo ni Till niyan ih!" Pansin kong lumabas si Horace galing sa kwarto niya na nakabihis na pero hindi pa nagsusuklay ng buhok.

Ako naman ay handa na, nakapagsuklay na ako at nakapagbihis. Kakain nalang kami ni Horace at maya maya ay pupunta na rin kami sa labas ng camp para sa duty namin.

Kinakabahan nga ako lalo na't first time ko ito at hindi ko alam kung ano ang mangyayari.

May tiwala naman ako sa kasama ko na si Horace dahil siya ang napili ng mga Heads na ipares sa akin, siguro ay alam nila na marunong si Horace makisama at ipaliwanag sa akin ang mga dapat gawin dahil siya ang pinili nila.