6

Sarah hurriedly retreated into her room, leaning against the door with her head pressed against it. Her heart continued to race in her chest, almost painfully so. She reached up, gripping her chest and massaging it before taking one of her pills.
She felt a tinge of doubt about what she was about to do. How could it even work? How could Azrael always be with her whenever she desired, simply because she wanted him there? She couldn't turn to Becky for help; she had fled the moment Sarah found herself in trouble. It pained Sarah to acknowledge that although Becky didnt make an effort to assist her, but she understood why her friend had reacted that way. They hadn't known each other for long, and apart from Becky, her only option was Azrael.
"Azrael, can you please come? I don't want to be alone in the dark," Sarah murmured, but after a minute, nothing happened. No response. Sarah looked down, feeling foolish for thinking it would work and that he would magically appear before her. Why would he?
She crawled into her bed with a heavy heart when suddenly she noticed a dark shadow moving in the corner of the room. Her mouth opened, ready to scream at the top of her lungs, but a hand covered her mouth, muffling any sound.
"Shh, my darling, I am here," Azrael whispered. Sarah's eyes locked with his, the yellow eyes peering from beneath his mask.
"I'm afraid," Sarah admitted softly, looking down. In that vast bed, she seemed like a small child.
"I know," he whispered back, gently cupping her cheek before sliding his hand to her hips and pulling her onto his lap. Sarah allowed him to do as he pleased. She was too exhausted to care. His presence had chased away her fear, leaving behind only weariness.
He tenderly stroked her hair, his gaze fixed upon her face as if trying to memorize every feature. Her breathing remained uneven, and she shivered from the cold. He encircled her body with his arms, drawing her even closer.
"I am here," he murmured softly, pressing a kiss to her temple. Soon enough, Sarah drifted into a deep slumber in Azrael's embrace.
"Not long now, and everyone will know," he muttered, his eyes glowing brighter as his sharp teeth emerged, forming a smile.
-

Sarah awoke to the bright sunlight streaming into her room. Her eyes fluttered open, and she half-expected Azrael to have vanished. She even entertained the notion that it had all been a dream. However, as she sat up, her gaze fell upon him standing by the window, overlooking the maze, the garden, and the forest. Everything belonged to him, and soon enough, every little thing would be his again. Just as she belonged to him. He was willing to kill and destroy the world if necessary to keep her. From the moment he laid eyes on her, he knew—she was perfection.
"You look surprised," his heavy voice sliced through the silence of the room.
"I didn't expect you to still be here!" Sarah admitted honestly to Azrael, who raised an eyebrow.
"I do not lie. I keep my promises, as I expect you to do the same!" he told her sternly, ensuring she understood. She looked up at him with her doe-like eyes.
"Okay," she whispered back. He nodded before walking back to her bed, sitting on the edge. Sarah laid back down, so that her head rested beside his legs.
"You're not a student, are you?" she asked. She knew he wasn't human, not at all. She had witnessed many non-human entities in her life, but nothing like Azrael.
"I once was," he replied, looking down. Sarah noticed the faint traces of scars under his mask but quickly averted her gaze, not wanting to make it obvious that she had seen them. He had no reason to be ashamed of his scars, and she certainly wouldn't be frightened by a few. She had her own, bestowed upon her by her mother as punishment when she was ten. Sarah never stepped out of line again.
"Did you like it here?" she inquired.
"Fuck no," he cursed, shaking his head.
"Oh," Sarah said, swallowing and shifting her eyes to the ceiling.
"But I like it now," he added, his fingers slowly caressing her cheeks and tracing over her lips. His thumb grazed her bottom lip, causing her breath to hitch at his touch. Her eyes moved from his eyes to his lips and back again.
"Why?" She questioned him with a breathless voice.
"Because you are here." He muttered his hands cupping he cheek softly. A small smile decorated her lips.
"My gorgeous girl," Azrael murmured softly. "Close your eyes," he instructed.
Sarah regarded him with a strange look. "I expect you to follow my orders at all times?" He told her.
"Close. Your. Eyes," he growled, irritated by her lack of submission to his request.
She slowly closed her eyes, making him smile. He removed his mask, revealing the scars they had inflicted upon him—the scars he couldn't erase. One extended from his left dimple to his right, forming a crooked smile that struck fear into many hearts. His left eye bore a cross-like scar, with the surrounding area completely white. A section of skin was missing on the left side of his face, exposing the muscle beneath his cheek. His lips, however, remained intact.
He placed one hand over her closed eyes and used the other to hold her hands making sure she wouldn't be able to touch his face. Leaning down, he pressed his lips against hers. The kiss was slow, but he asserted his dominance. Her heart raced in response to the sensations that his kiss evoked. She had never had a kiss like this. He pinched her wrist firmly, causing her to gasp, granting him the opportunity he desired. He explored her mouth with desire which he felt deep in his cock. He gradually released her lips.
He pecked her lips with a smirk. "Mine," he muttered, placing the mask back on his face. A blush tinted her cheeks as he released her hands. She touched her swollen lips, her gaze darting towards his eyes.
"I love that color," he said,