Chapter 1: A Romance Arising

Inside his house, Mateo Bavlovic pet his dog as he continued playing Roblox with Candace Zipteon.

"Run run!" He laughed as he watched his friend being chased by the tall, looming, masculine frog. When Candace died and the game had finished, they both said their goodbyes and ended the FaceTime. As Mateo sat down on his couch and turned on the TV, he heard a noise outside. Muting his show, he listened closely.

"I see... lain on... ise" Mateo could only hear a bit of what he had now realized was the most angelic voice that could ever bless the human ears with its notes. And the voice was singing a song.

Mateo rushed to the window and opened it, searching for the source of the song. With the window pane cracked slightly open, the song was now easily heard.

"I see a bad Gru arising. I see a villain on his way!" The voice continued to hum and sing the catchy song to itself. It had a slight accent but it only made the tune more attractive to Mateo.

Gru? Mateo thought, taking in the foreign word. He took out his phone from his pocket, and looked up 'Gru', hoping for a dictionary definition of what the word could mean. The only source, however, was the Urban Dictionary, which supplied him with a definition that only confused him further. "Gru: A short, sunshiney figure who fills one with joy and prosperity. Lucky is he who crosses his path, and non-existent is he who is graced with his strong, manly, and irreplaceable love."

Slipping on his shoes, Mateo sets out to find what must have been an angel sent from heaven with a voice sweet like sugar and slick as molasses. His steps were light as he walked down the asphalt street, following the song. He turned the corner, and at the end of the wraparound street was an attractive young boy that should really be called a man. With his broad shoulders and pointed nose, this creature was undeniably smexy.