Light As A Feather. Stiff As A Board.

I never thought my wife was a good dancer. We joked she had two left feet. Yet, in the 20 years we had been married I never missed an opportunity to dance with her.

So when she said, "I want dance, My Sweet," I couldn't resist. She smiled at me, her eyes filled with as much love as the day I'd met her.

"Play my favorite," she requested.

"Again?" I made a fake scowl, but I couldn't resist her. I put the pin on the record player and listened as it crackled to life, then sing softly. "Shall I lead?"

"Yes, My Dear," she said.

1 picked her up in my arms and swayed to the music.
Her head rested on my shoulder and the tips of her toes dragged across the wood floor, her high healed feet making a scuffing noise.

She was feather light in my arms, even though her limbs hung at her sides. Her body was stiff, mostly unmoving, so I moved for us.

I twirled her, and giggled. Her shoes came off and her head snapped back to hang limp. I pulled it back to rest on my shoulder.

"Oh, Darling, there is no teaching you," I chuckled.

The song ended and I put her back on the couch. I brush her hair from her face and smiled.

"I must replace your wig and reapply your makeup," I said. Yes, the decay was showing. "Such a pretty thing shouldn't look so disheveled."

" thank you"

She had died five years ago and I could still hear her voice in my head. Speaking to me, loving me. That was why I took her from her grave and preserved her. Such a pretty thing wasn't meant to be forgotten.

I stroked her cheek, and stared into her open eye sockets. She was falling apart, yet, she was as beautiful as ever.

Although I doubted she would ever be a good dancer. Not with how stiff she had become.

A/N: nah that's mad crazy whatt???