Chapter 24: Beggin'

Landon

Trust me, I am as confused by this as you are.

I was on my way to the indoor garage when I was surprised by Rhiannon's eyes shining as if she was raging, turned on or mated. Naturally she stopped right away. Of course I stopped too. What was I supposed to do? This is what we came for.

My mate told me that there were no more unmated people inside the pack house. Did he lie? He has absolutely no reason to. Even if he tried to hide someone from us, he wouldn't risk us finding the individual here anyway.

Why would Harry keep anyone from being mated? It makes absolute zero sense! I am at a loss here, I truly am. Why do Rihannon's eyes are shining? I mean, to whom?

I had no choice but to have the warriors escort the buses [with my pack members who just got mated] back to our pack and return later to collect us. I am not going to leave my friend behind, not when her eyes are shining like she is scenting her mate.

This is exactly why I came here in the first place. Among other things, I admit.

None of us have any choice in the matter, except to follow her and see this through. I am dreading this already, I just have the strangest feeling about it, to be quite honest with you.

Rhiannon arrived in a room at the end of a large corridor and entered it. Ares, Harry, the Alpha couple, Kyle, Mathew and I went in after her.

"MATE." She declared in a deep, husky tone.

There was only one person inside the game room. A very spooked man who is now looking at us - at her - as if he was seeing a ghost. All of us are gobsmacked by this, most of all the Staedlers.

"What the fuck!? Is this some kind of prank to humiliate me?" He asked me in an accusatory tone, looking angry at me. He is ignoring Rhiannon's presence and her shining eyes. His eyes are not shining, though that is not exactly the surprising part.

"NO! Of course not, Aaron! What the fuck do you take me for?" I barked at him, irritated that anyone could think I would stoop that low.

"You already killed my mate! Now you're bringing some random chick to humiliate me in front of my parents?" He cried out to me, revolted. He is absolutely livid.

"Aaron, Landon would never do that to anyone, not even to you!" Harry defended me, standing in front of him as he got up from the couch where he was playing a video game.

"Then why is he here? What are you people doing here? I thought you'd be gone by now!" He shouted at us, incredulously. He is purposefully ignoring Rhiannon's presence so far.

"She scented her mate and came here. It was not his fault, Aaron!" Harry tried to explain it, not that he was buying any of it.

"I'm already mated, Harry! She died, remember? Why are you twisting the knife even more in my heart? Do you want to drive me to suicide, is that it?" He accused me, still ignoring the shining-eyed woman in the room.

Both of his parents are so perplexed by all of this, that they don't know how to react or what to believe. No one in their right mind would ever think I would pull something like this... at least, I do hope so.

"Aaron, I swear on my father's memory, I'm not pranking you! We were just about to leave when my friend scented her mate. I swear to Goddess!" I pledged, wholeheartedly.

"I'm already mated, you stupid fuck! You had her killed! Get the fuck out of here! All of you!" He started crying and I truly felt horrible for him.

"I don't understand what's happening..." I'm baffled by this, beyond being confused. But mainly I am worried for my friend who is silently gazing upon him.