THE BAD MOVE

We were sitting in the conference room of Sebastian's buildings because Sebastian felt that I was not fit to be in his office. Though I was furious, I couldn't help agreeing with him.

As I stirred the hot chocolate one of his assistants prepared for me, Sebastian leaned over to Christian.

"So, how do you plan on restoring my glory? Are you going to record her apologizing to the country for lying against me and sending me to jail?" Asked Sebastian.

I frowned at Sebastian. There was no way I was going to apologize for the crimes he committed against me. Even if it was going to make him change his mind about killing me, I was not going to do that.

"No," said Christian, coming to my rescue, " that won't convince the people trying to bring you down. They will probably think that you coerced her or paid her to do a video of apologizing to you. What I suggest is that you allow her to work for you."

"What?!" I gasped.

"That's your genius plan?" Sneered Sebastian angrily, "you want me to hire that?!" he barked as he pointed a finger at me as if I was not human.

Rage suddenly spiked through me like lightening. But before I could form words in my mouth, Christian cut me.

"It's the perfect plan. It will make people wonder why you hired her. People will also question why she is working for a man who she claims raped her. It will leave people to speculate. Eventually, they will come to a conclusion that she lied about her accusations and that you felt sorry for her and hired her," said Christian.

He spoke as if I was not around, and that hurt me.

"I'm not going to do that," I told him, hurt evident in my voice. I honestly felt betrayed because I thought that Christian actually cared about me.

"Christian...that's a brilliant idea!" Said Sebastian as his dark eyes brightened excitedly, "then we can kill her before her paycheck at the end of the month!"

I felt my blood run cold.

"No...No I refuse to be used like this!" I said, tears glistening in my eyes.

"Emelia, let's stick to the plan--" said Christian pleadingly.

"No!" I said, standing up. "I don't care if I'm going to die tomorrow, but I will not be used like this. There is no way I can change his mind if he is this evil!" I said as I slowly stood up.

"Change my mind?" Asked Sebastian in confusion.

Christian's eyes grew wide in horror as he shook his head to shut me up. But I wasn't going to shut up. Not when I was upset and was going to die anyway.

I then faced Sebastian and looked squarely in his confused face, "your brother seems to think that he can change you after what your parents did to you."

The moment I said those words, I momentarily regretted it. Christian's face resembled terror and fear while Sebastian's reaction changed in four phases: first, he looked genuinely surprised. Then he became horrified that I knew his sensitive personal life. After that, fury distorted his facial features as he looked at Christian.

I swear, the whole thing looked like a movie scene.

"You told her about my past?" Asked Sebastian in a deadly whisper as madness danced behind his eyes.

"I can explain--" Christian started talking.

"And you want to change me? Like I'm a broken toy? Is this what you see me?" Asked Sebastian. His voice was dark and his eyes were sharp, like a predator ready to strike. He looked scary... and filthy.

I took a step back.

"Sebastian...please..." Pleaded Christian in a shaky voice as he slowly got up.

I didn't know what to do: either to run, hide or watch this brotherly feud. Meanwhile, both Christian and Sebastian were up.

Eventually, I decided to leave them.

"Emelia! Come back here!" Roared Sebastian.

Instead of stopping (which I wish I did), I ran away from both of them. I ran past the perfect people who looked like models and breathed deeply when I took in the afternoon air.

What's going to happen now?

I decided to take out my cellphone and dial my mother's line.

"Emelia!" Exclaimed mother in delight.

"Mum....? I'm coming home," I said.

I knew this was a bad move, but at this stage, I didn't if Sebastian was going to kill me, or how he was going to kill me...as long as I died in my mother's hands.