Chapter 5 : Stranger's help

Angelo entered the hospital and approached the manager's desk. He informed the manager, "I'm here to pay the money." The manager slowly processed the payment, taking his card with a nod of acknowledgment.

After the transaction was complete, Angelo inquired, "Can I meet the doctor?" Understanding the urgency, the manager made a quick call, arranging for Angelo to meet with Doctor Arash, the physician overseeing his mother's case.

Minutes later, Doctor Arash arrived. Angelo said softly. "Doctor, I paid the money. Now please save my mother, please," he held Doctor's hand.

A sense of relief and genuine happiness apparent on his face. He extended his hand to Angelo and congraulated him, "Congratulations on obtaining the money at the right time. Now, we can save you and provide all the medical resources."

Overwhelmed with a mix of emotions, Angelo couldn't contain his joy and gratitude. He tightly embraced Doctor Arash, tears streaming down his face. The doctor, understanding the depth of Angelo's emotions, reciprocated the hug with warmth and reassurance.

"Thanks alot Doctor." Angelo's emotions were flowing through words. He sacrificed his house, sacrificed a precious car which he bought after years of hard labor, also he risked his life. All these sacrifices and challenges paid off.

"Don't worry, Angelo," the doctor whispered soothingly, his voice filled with empathy and determination. "I'll save your mother, it's just an accident and we can save her."

Angelo wiped his tears, biding a bye to doctor and cautiously made his way back to the apartment he had rented. As he walked along the street, a car suddenly stopped nearby, and a voice called out to him. "Hey, boy. Come here." Intrigued yet apprehensive.

Angelo approached the vehicle and asked. "How can I help you?"

The man in the car introduced himself as Elijah Garcia, and Angelo couldn't help but feel a surge of tension. Thoughts raced through his mind, fearing that the Garcia family had come to seek revenge for his victory over Jordan in the fight club. However, he remained composed and asked, "Why did you call...me out?"

"I'm here to help you out Angelo." Elijah smiled reassuringly. "You probably know me, I look familiar. Right?"

Angelo shook his head as no. "You don't, I wouldn't know you if you didn't say Garcia."

Elijah was surprised by his reply, he expected Angelo, a normal middle class citizen to know his identity. "You really don't know me, who do you know from Garcia?"

"I know James garcia, Jake, Dino Garcia. That's it." He named them. Elijah felt awkward, he felt embarrassed more after Angelo's next statement. "Probably you couldn't do better than them."

Conversation between Angelo and Elijah took a deep silence. Nearly 20 seconds later that silence of embarrassment was broken by Angelo's question. "Ok so how can you help me?"

Elijah chuckled at Angelo's response and said, "well, it seems you don't know me properly but I can tell you. I have my own resources and influences."

Angelo crossed his arms and replied defiantly, "Fame doesn't impress me. I want to know how can you help me."

Elijah leaned back in his seat, his expression thoughtful. "You're so interesting," he said. "I saw you fighting night before last night, I have an offer for you. I saw potential in your skills. I want you in our team. We can offer you great opportunities, protection, and a substantial reward for your skills."

Angelo's curiosity started to pique. "And what exactly would I have to do as part of your team?" he asked, wanting to know more before committing to anything.