Chapter 1 ~ You Promised.

Hi! This is based off of a youtube gacha series i made :)

TW: 'death' and g0re!!

//

The pale sunlight shone down onto the bridge, reflecting off the river's crystal blue water. It shimmered and glistened in the morning rays, calmly running along the current. One pair of hands rested on the bridge's railings as two voices spoke quietly. Another pair of hands joined the previous. Two of their hands interlocked. A calm breeze drifted through the beautiful landscape, causing raven hair to get in the way of ocean blue eyes.

A scarred hand brushed the hair behind one ear. "Y'know, Giyuu, you look beautiful right now. Dare I say prettier than this place right now?" A rough, but somehow gentle voice spoke.

Sanemi Shinazugawa.

He was an aggressive person, to say the least. He had tanned skin which was littered by a myriad of scars, accrued from countless years of fighting demons, physically and metaphorically. He had short, spiky, but surprisingly soft, white hair, and pale purple eyes which looked like amethysts.

And with those words, a calmer, more monotone voice spoke up. "Why thank you, didn't know you could be a charmer, especially this early in the morning, Sanemi."

Giyuu Tomioka.

On the other hand.. He was a calm, quiet and reserved person. He had a pale complexion, and deep blue eyes which shone like the moonlight and complimented his skin. He had black, ravenette hair which was almost always in a low ponytail that hung past his shoulders. His scars were hidden and healed.

"Do you want to go somewhere to eat, for breakfast?" Sanemi asked, looking at Giyuu. The black haired male nodded. "Sure, where do you-"

Giyuu was cut off by the sound of a kasugai crow. Sanemi's, to be exact. "Hm? Sorai?" He hummed. Giyuu let out a sigh, knowing what this would mean.

"Sanemi Shinazugawa! You have a mission in Shiji! It is suspected that two members of the 12 kizuki are there, working together." Sorai squawked.

"Lets hope they're lowermoons.." Giyuu mumbled.

"Or just a suspicion and not actually a member of the kizuki there." Sanemi added. Giyuu nodded. "Yeah. That'd be nice too."

Giyuu let out a small sigh, then kissed the light haired male softly. "Promise me you won't get injured drastically?"

"I'm a hashira. I won't get hurt that easily, love." He replied, smiling at Giyuu.

"Okay, and? I still-" Giyuu got interrupted, yet again, by Sorai. "Sanemi! The mission."

Sanemi sighed, and kissed Giyuu softly, before beginning to walk off. "Nemi! Promise you'll get back safe.." Giyuu called out quietly, to which Sanemi chuckled. "I promise, Yuu."

Giyuu seemed pleased with this reply. He watched Sanemi head off for the mission, then walked away from the bridge, putting his 'emotionless' facade on now that he was alone. He walked through a small village, until he eventually reached his secluded estate. He entered his home and headed to the kitchen to make food.

//

Sanemi POV:

"I promise!" I called back to him, smiling softly. He was cute. I have every intention to keep that promise, and I doubt I'll break it. I thought to myself as I made my way to the designated place at a quick speed. I arrived there at sunset, and the setting sun cast warm, golden rays into the town as it sank. I looked around, mainly looking for any clues as to where the demons were.