Chapter 3 ~ Thoughts

ok this won't be as angst heavy as the other two.......... 

maybe.

TW: Mentions of SH,

I  woke up slowly, my head pounding. I lifted my arms weakly, rubbing my eyes as I forced myself to open them. Looking around, I realised I was in the butterfly mansion. I groaned softly in annoyance, then looked to the side of my bed. No one was there waiting, like how it used to be. Sanemi wasn't there, waiting. Like he usually was. I bit my lip, not wanting to cry. Hearing footsteps, I composed myself, but my eyes didn't move from the empty spot next to me.

Shinobu's POV:

I stepped into the room quietly, and sighed as I saw Giyuu. He seemed lost in thought. "Thinking about S-.." I trailed off. He sighed and nodded. 

"Y-yeah. He's not here.. I'm.. not used to it." He muttered.

"It's a normal thing, that you're not used to it.. it just happened, Giyuu. It's weird not seeing him here, or yelling at me for teasing him.." I mumbled, reminiscing on past memories.

~

"Oh my, Shinazugawa! I didn't expect to see you here, especially not for Tomioka!" I said teasingly. He glared at me and I chuckled, smiling innocently. I looked at him expectantly. Giyuu was glancing awkwardly between us, and if I wasn't imagining it, I believed he was blushing.

"I'm only here because Rengoku forced me." He huffed. I rolled my eyes, not believing a word he said. He was blushing too

"Sure.~ I think you like a special someone in this room right now, though~" I teased, and he yelled at me, getting up and chasing after me.

~

I paused by the door, hearing voices. 

"Shinazugawa-"

"No. One, call me Sanemi. Two, I'm not continuing this conversation until you at least eat something on that plate."

I heard Giyuu sigh heavily, then a quiet rustling, most likely him moving to get comfortable.

"But-"

"Nope." 

Shinazugawa's tone seemed slightly harsh, but I could tell that his words were laced with care for Tomioka. Both of the males were stubborn and difficult to take care of, but I knew they'd be able to take care of each other. I seemed to be lost in thought, because the next thing I heard was Tomioka speaking.

"I did it, Shina- Sanemi." 

"Good job." 

~

I could hear noises from the room Tomioka was staying in, and I stepped in carefully. My jaw dropped by what I saw, and I couldn't help but let out a small giggle. Tomioka was on Shinazugawa's lap, and they were kissing. I cleared my throat. 

"Ahem.. Shinazugawa.. I need to tend to Tomioka's wounds." I mumbled, holding back laughter. The two were bright red. "So~ I wasn't wrong when I said you liked someone in this room, hm, Shinazugawa?" I teased. He glared at me. "Don't worry, I'll be out of your way in a minute." I muttered, sorting out Tomioka's bandages.

After I had finished, I headed to the door. I turned to them before I left. "If you do anything, be quiet with it, please!" I hummed, then left and closed the door.

~

I shook my head, noticing Giyuu was staring as I zoned out. I sighed. "I'm.. going to reapply some bandages to your wounds." I then said, walking closer, As I reached into the bedside table's drawer, Giyuu sighed. 

"I miss him, Kocho. I want to see him again."

I sighed. "We all do, but I'm sure you the most. I'm.. sorry." I replied sadly, and began unwrapping the bandages gently. He winced and inhaled sharply. I stopped for a second but he shook his head. "Do what you need to." He mumbled, and I reluctantly did so. As I changed out the gauze and bandages, he began speaking, most likely as a distraction for himself.

"Do you think there's a chance.. that he's alive?"

I paused and looked at him. "I... Doubt it. Sorai said he died to an unknown demon.."

"I was there when he got the mission. It was due to there being a suspicion of two members of the twelve kizuki working together."

"Although, it wouldn't make sense for it to be a lowermoon, especially knowing Sanemi.."

"And Sorai would've been able to tell it was an uppermoon. I think.." I heard Giyuu's sorrow filled voice trail off. A thought came to my mind. 

"Do you think it could've been.."

"I.. I don't think so. T-there's no way.. right?" He mumbled.

"I wouldn't put it past Kibitsuji." I replied.

Giyuu sighed and shook his head slowly. "Why didn't they send two hashira.. If two members of the kizuki were suspected to be there.. There should've been at least two of us." I listened to him talk quickly. "I could've gone with him. I should've gone with him." 

I sighed, and opened my mouth to speak, but he stopped me.

"Kocho.. What if it's my fault..?" 

I froze, finishing with his bandages. "Giyuu-"

"No. Before you try and tell me I'm wrong, please.." He cut me off again, but I let him. "I had the opportunity to go with him. I could've asked Sorai if anyone else was going to be there, just in case. But I didn't do any of it. I just told him to promise me he'd get back safe. I should've done more."

I stared at him with sympathetic eyes, and thought for a moment. "Giyuu. You couldn't have known this would be the outcome.. Don't blame yourself."

"I had a weird feeling all day about that mission, I could've done something, Kocho!" He said, his voice raised now. He had tears in his eyes, and my heart broke just seeing him like this. I stayed quiet and sat on the side of his bed. I knew he didn't like physical touch too much, but I hugged him. He let out a stifled gasp, then I felt him dig his head into my shoulder and hug me back, which surprised me. 

"You can cry, Giyuu. You don't have to act emotionless in front of me. Let it all out." I said quietly.

3rd Person POV:

As Shinobu comforted him quietly, Giyuu cried softly into her shoulder, trembling slightly. After a while, he pulled away and wiped his eyes, sighing with a shaky breath. Shinobu smiled at him. "Feel any better?" She asked gently, to which Giyuu replied with a small nod. She sighed, then looked at him. 

"Don't try that ever again."

"T-try what..?"

"What you tried last night, Giyuu." 

He glanced away, his eyes seeming full of guilt. "I'm sorry-" He started, but Shinobu cut him off. 

"Don't apologize. Just don't do it again. Please.." She muttered, trailing off with the last words. "Oh, and.. I thought you said you stopped."  With those words, Giyuu glanced down at his arms. "I did." Was all he could get out. Shinobu nodded with understanding, and she got up, turning back to look at him. "I'm going to get you food. Do you want anything in particular?" She asked.

When Giyuu shook his head, she nodded and began to walk out. "I'll be back soon." She said, then shut the door.

And with that, Giyuu was left alone with his thoughts.

GIGGLES I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS :DDDD 

(Help is this angsty?? I didnt want it to be..)

1193 Words <3