Speaking Grief To An Angel

"I'm afraid it's like a pit in my stomach, a heartache that can't be healed a sorrow that has no feelings but anger. I feel lost. I feel forgotten that the earth I walk on is the same as hers. Was the same corners, she turned around the same pillows and blankets she laid in. I miss her. Her grave is not only blessed by her beauty but by her fire in charm and grace. Her sense of humor now not only makes me cry but still laugh. The family remembers her, I remember her. She was my other half a part of my soul that is now lost in the wind and void. I go on. I promised her I would go on. That our paths drift here; and yes she was what she was but to me she was everything. She was my strength, my comfort, for me she was my voice of reason and my push to do to be something. She was the one living soul who never judged and gave up on me. I still don't believe she's truly gone because most days I psyche myself out of it. So I beg to the angels and to the God that I talk to please let her know I love her and I wish to be with her again! I promised I would be with her again someday when my journey ends she will be the first face I hope to see and be the first I hold in my arms. Dear angel, I have dreams about her every night. Some nightmares where I can't save her. Her heart lashing out. Me screaming at others to be cautious as if even a small touch could hurt her. Dear angel I love her. I mean I loved her. I believe she sent me many blessings just before she left because she knew I was faking. I don't remember the day but I know I didn't cry. I held my breath and comfort those around me like she always did. It hurts to even say this... I miss her smell. I miss having tea with her listening to oldies in the background with the early morning sun shining down onto her like she liked. I miss reading with her by my side. I miss everything about her. Her walk, the sounds she made when I heard her steps. The excitement of when I came home. I miss her dear angel, don't you and God see my tears! Don't you hear my grief! I miss her and so much has happened in life since her passing that I feel I've lost touch I feel like she is gone. Some days are better but then others can be just as bad. I miss her. I ask of you to deliver not my grief to her, so as not to worry her but to deliver a reminder of the promises I made to her. To reassure her. That I will go on my path in life, and that I will see her again if not in heaven if not on earth in any lifetime I will find my best friend I swore to her. Please tell her that. And tell her for the billionth time that I love her. Please let my words reach her ears so she knows I need to still talk to her at least if not directly then like this please."

    The angel sat on the stump with his elbows on his knees as he slouch forward. He was taking it all in. With his head down in grief and sadness himself. He looked up at the young women of beauty who he couldn't turn down. When he was called here today it was to reason to her that no more yelling at God because he wasn't going to deliver her messages no more on account she talked too much to the dead. The angel took the request to speak to her directly appearing down on earth for her and him to have a heart-to-heart. Her soul rose with beauty itself she could not see. Her third eye blinded by the passion and wisdom it possessed she still did not see. She held her body with grace and she was blind to the love others had for her, that she did not for herself.

At least she could see him; with a heavy sigh, he rose and nodded. "I will deliver your message, my lady. Truth be told I never wanted to hear your silence. I could listen to you talk forever...As for God, he understands your grief as a god would. I can't relate but seeing you and listening I can feel you. I feel your words. So I will personally deliver all your messages anytime you need to speak to her I will let her know. I promise you with the wings from the heavens." And his hand covered his heart. The woman in a bit of a shock stared in awe and blushed smiling happily through her stained teared cheeks and then asked "Won't they be mad? That you are still delivering the messages?" The angel smiled softly "Probably but once he hears me out I'm sure he will drop the argument. His time won't be taken up by this. It's my doing. So fear not, I'll be fine. And so will you and your messages. Till then just ring this bell and I shall come to you at any time to listen." He then pulled out of thin air a golden bell with silver carvings of swirls and a language she couldn't read. When he handed it to her his hand barely touched hers for just a few seconds. Her eyes shot up to his and he just looked at her. Then he slowly withdrew his hand back as if nothing had happened. What a beautiful wise human indeed. He thought. "This is where we part for now- will you be alright?"

    "I made promises didn't I?" She chuckled. Wiping her face; trying to clean it up a bit with the sleeve of her shirt. "I'll be just fine. And thank you for everything and for hearing my peace." He nodded in return. "All peace should be heard no matter the soul. Good day, my lady." The women filled with gratitude now for this creature of a man watched as the angel slowly departed. Leaving her with more than just a bell, comfort and peace, he was leaving her with hope for the first time in a long time. She smiles and places the bell in her jean pocket and starts walking back inside her home.