﹙Chapter 1﹚

" He's not here, y'know? ,,

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

4 years ago, Osamu Dazai left the Port Mafia. 4 years ago he left his partner.

4 years ago, he left you.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"You want me to what?!" A orange hair man exclaims to his boss. You are standing off the side. The man, who you know as Chuuya, was asked to take you in under his command. You didn't mind the idea. You wish Dazai was here.

"I said, I want you to take dear (y/n) under your wing! Isn't that just a wonderful idea, Chuuya! You were Dazai's partner afterall." Your boss, Mori, added. An annoyed grunt came from younger male.

"Fine. I'll take the damn kid!" He finally whines. Earlier he tried begging Mori to send you to Kouyou instead. Although, Boss was persistent that it had to be him.

"How wonderful! (Y/n), you work under Chuuya now. I trust that you know to follow his orders." Mori explained. Sugar coating his words. Chuuya turns to you and takes your wrist. Dragging you out of the room. You were relieved about this, the Bosses room always seemed.. suffocating, in a way. You suddenly realize you don't know where he's taking you. A mission, an apartment, home? You can always just as- no. Dazai said it was disrespectful to ask questions.

"Hey shrimp, where do you stay?"

"I stayed in Dazai's apartment."

"... Nevermind.. You aren't staying there. Your coming with me, I have an extra room."

He sounded annoyed. You thought him a Dazai were partners? Why does he talk as if he hates Dazai?

Chuuya is confusing.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

"I'm done, sir Nakahara." You announced. He had told you to fill out some paperwork for him. Surprisingly, he seemed laid back although being an executive. Dazai always kept you busy with whatever he could to help you.

"Kay. Just do whatever, I don't have anything else for you." He stated as if it was nothing. You looked at him, blinked once. Then twice.

Free time?

You stare at him. What do you do? All you did was stare when Dazai didn't give you orders. Like a doll, a puppet. So what do you do when given nothing to do. Chuuya seems to straighten up before turning his head to the side.

"Can you please stop staring. It's annoying. If you don't have something to do, read." He scolds the young child. He points over to a bookshelf in his office. Your head turns to look at it. Fantasy, action, and mystery books littered it. Who knew an executive would ever have this many books. The only book Dazai owned was his suicide book. Without a word you get up and pick up (F/M/B) ﹙Favorite Mystery Book﹚.

"You can also read in your room. I don't need to watch you 24/7. He's not here, y'know?" Chuuya mentioned. That surprised you, he was giving you free time, allowing you to read his book, and letting you roam his home.? Why? You nod at him, ignoring how confused you feel. You take (F/M/B) to your 'room' that he showed you earlier.

Speaking of rooms, Chuuya's apartment layout is different from Dazai's. When you enter Chuuya's home, your met with a living room. A kitchen to the side and a hallway leading to the room you were just in, his office. Connected to the office was the bedrooms. Your new room was simple. A dresser, bed, drawer, and a door leading to your own bathroom. Not many decorations. Chuuya told you not to go in his room, he didn't elaborate on why.