Chapter 1

["Why do you call me a fool?"  They smiled at Joonghyuk as they rested their elbows on their knees

["Why do you call me a fool?" They smiled at Joonghyuk as they rested their elbows on their knees. Their expression was warm and curious. Even as their face was dirtied from their surroundings, they still looked at him as kindly as ever.

Joonghyuk just scoffed. "You let your emotions get the better of you." He crossed his arms and frowned at them. Despite their warmth being directed towards him, he remained cold and indifferent. He had been with them for too long to fall for their facial expressions.

"And is that a bad thing?"

"If you let your emotions overtake your mind, you will make illogical decisions. You will falter in battle." He glared at them, a sharp look in his eyes as they just continued to peacefully smile. "You already have faltered in battle against Shin Yoosung." Their nonchalant expression irked him a little as he tapped his foot on the ground impatiently.

They lightly laughed at this, leaning their back on the wall of the abandoned building. They looked up at the sky and watched the clouds pass by. "How could I not? She was our friend in your past regressions." As they looked up towards the sky, their eyes looked almost longing for something. Something that was unreachable for them, something that was miles away for Joonghyuk. Yet, even if it was miles away, that meant it was stil reachable for him.

"She was your friend in my past regressions. It's different now."

"Is it?" They tilted their head with an odd glint in their eyes. "Well, either way, if that's what you consider foolish, then I don't mind being called a fool. You are allowed to be foolish. After all, that foolishness is what makes humanity, human."]

Kim Dokja: Good job on the chapter today, author! It was really interesting to see how differently they think.

People usually didn't like (Y/n)'s character, finding it cliche how soft and kind they were compared to Yoo Joonghyuk's cold and stern personality. The few that did, only used them as a way to force Joonghyuk into a romance between the two.

Kim Dokja found it disgusting.

He genuinely enjoyed (Y/n)'s character, and often went on long rants in the hate comments about how if they had just read a little bit more, they would understand more and grow to like them. Just thinking back on it made him cringe a bit, but he was still proud that he either won those fights or just annoyed them so badly that they clicked off.

(Y/n), while being an overly good and gentle character, was one of those characters you couldn't help but root for. Their comforting aura described by Joonghyuk was one that could even calm him down even when he was enraged, able to pull him out of his regression depression. Their warmth enough to thaw anyone's cold heart.

Even with all of these traits, they were able to be strong in the ruined world. They held empathy for others but were able to make strong decisions in spite of this. They went on their own trips, had their own opinions, and fought for their own goals. In no way were they a fragile, weak character like commenters described. They were a realistic character in the world they lived in, but stood out due to everyone else losing their humanity.

Besides, they were his comfort character. The one he daydreamed about comforting him whenever he was bullied and patched his wounds up. The one who supported him throughout his military service and waited for him all this time. The one who would welcome him home into his apartment after a long day of work with a warm smile and a homecooked meal. If only... If only they were real.

Well, (Y/n) wasn't real. And they never would be.

[The free service of planetary system 8612 has been terminated.]

if you'd like, please add a future constellation comment on the story through the survey in the authors note!

forms.gle/uf5DmKgQWFw2HMVW9