Chapter 3

Kim Dokja's eyes widened as you talked to him

Kim Dokja's eyes widened as you talked to him. You, one of, if not his favorite character in TWSA, was talking to him. He could see why Joonghyuk was friends with you; your warm aura almost made him forget that he was being choked out and on the verge of death.

(Y/n) (L/n), dubbed as cannon fodder by everyone else. He could remember almost every hate comment you received, people indignantly saying that your actions were "stupid" and "unrelateable". Just thinking about it made him want to beat them up despite the fact that he'd lose. You weren't made to be relateable, you were your own person.

[The constellation 'Forsaken Soul of a Fallen Swordsman' is curious about how your relationship with incarnation 'Kim Dokja' will fester. 100 coins have been sponsored.]

[The constellation 'Astrophel-Observer of Chaos' likes your empathy. 500 coins have been sponsored.]

He introduced himself, his voice strained as he dangled off the ledge. "Kim Dokja."

Joonghyuk, the protagonist, commented, "A strange name."

"I've heard that a lot."

"Dokja... It's a pretty name." You smiled at him kindly and his heart skipped a beat. How could the author not include that you were an angel? Even as there was a smudge of blood across your cheek, you had a distinct beauty to you. Joonghyuk, while handsome, would be slapped across the cheeks multiple times if you compared your beauty to him.

If someone was to paint a picture of your features, they would first try and depict your warm, fluttering smile of yours that could even the coldest of characters melt. Next would be the kind eyes that looked at him, cut from a shining jewel made with the most gentle of hands. It was like the gentle sun had cast some of it's warmth into you for your smile, the stars shining just for your eyes to be at the center of the cosmos. However, no matter how much they could pour time into that painting, they would never be able to depict the loveliness of your face.

...

Joonghyuk's eyes narrowed and he punched Dokja swiftly in the chest, making him curl up in pain. His eyes widened at the unexpected pain and he saw you jolt in shock. A groan of pain escaped his lips.

Was Joonghyuk trying to make him have a bad first impression with you? His eyebrows furrowed in dislike at the regressor. Joonghyuk simply commented casually, "You have a solid body. Have you already mastered the use of coins?"

"It is the same with you-"

Another punch to his stomach cut off his sentence. He could see your eyes widen in worry for him. It was amazing how strong the regressor was already.

"Stop the unnecessary answer. Only answer what I ask from now on. Understood?" Joonghyuk had already regressed three times already, so he had already lost some of his humanity already and was incredibly dangerous. This was why Dokja didn't want to meet him so early. He kept pushing him slowly off the edge, the grip on his throat now more of a lifeline than a threat. "Your answer?"