Chapter 1

"Starbucks delivery for my favorite author!" said Levi walking into the house I share with Wren and Reagan. I recently decided to go ahead and give him a key because I got tired of getting up and opening the door when I know it's him. He comes over on all of his breaks to read The Eighth Dance. You can see his coffee shop from our front porch. This whole thing is still so new to me... living in a house and not a dorm. Wren and Reagan both wanted to live with me, and they both got really close, so we all just decided to buy a house off campus. The administration office finally let us do this after some convincing. Since Reagan was well over the age limit, and I was in a higher level fiction writing class, it worked with us. We got Wren's counselor to vouch for her and say she would be less influenced by alcohol living with us. Reagan and Wren have been out every night scouting for boys. Fortunately Wren and Jandro broke up. He got bored with her because she wouldn't get drunk anymore. He used to say he thought it was unbecoming, but I guess he actually liked getting drunk with her. One day he just left her. He sent her a text saying "I'm done... don't call or text, sorry." and that was the end of that. "How's Carry On, Simon, coming along?" Levi asked with whipped cream on his nose from his mocha Frappacino. A smile spread across my face, "actually," I started, "I just finished. I published the last chapter right before you walked in!" I was actually very proud of myself. Its only been two weeks since The Eighth Dance came out. "That's great sweetheart!" he flashed me one of his perfect smiles. Now the only thing left on my agenda was to show Professor Piper my completed fiction assignment. It may not be the best book... but I did it. It's enough to at least get me a B. I decided I would try a lot harder this year in her advanced class. This is what I love. Writing. Levi and I layed on the couch watching some Tv when Wren and Reagan got back. "Why are all the cute ones gay???" exclaimed Wren as she walked in. "Relax. At least they had excuses not to like you!" said Reagan following in from behind. They were laying on the couch beside Levi and I, with their feet up in the air. They've become so close lately. Reagan has had a good influence on Wren and Wren has had a good influence on Reagan. I like watching them hang out. Reagan is better for Wren than Courtney. I'm kind of glad she's gone. Wren doesn't have to take any weekend trips home anymore because she's living with me. This summer has been going great so far! "Wait... you never showed me a pic of who he left you for!" yelled Reagan. Wren started to Instagram stalk until she found the girls profile. "Here" she showed her phone to everyone.
"Eh she's not that cute"-Reagan
"Wait a second..."- Levi
"Oh my gosh. Is that who I think it is??"- Me
This was the girl that I caught Levi kissing at his party before we started going out. I started to feel anxious. What of Levi remembers her and still likes her or something?? What if he doesn't remember and I'm freaking out for nothing?? What if she took Wrens boyfriend to get close to me and Levi?? Levi started to chuckle, "I guess Jandro was the guy she was trying to make jealous at my party!" I stopped. Trying to make jealous? Levi saw my confusion. "Sweetheart I found out last night that she didn't kiss me because she liked me, she kissed me because she was trying to make someone jealous!" I felt relieved. I still feel bad for Wren though. "I don't like her. She's a man stealing whore" said Wren. Reagan walked into the kitchen and brought back 4 wine glasses filled with our favorite sodas. "To us." cried Reagan with cheer. We all clinked our glasses and went on with our day.