Without L

Rain. Heavy, thick rain filling my mouth, gripping my arms. I can't breath. I can't see. I can't feel my legs or anything below that. I'm trapped. The rain is filling my lungs. My chest is burning for the taste of fresh oxygen. I'm dying. That's got to be it. Soon enough I will be nothing more.

Soon enough all I will be is--

"Pssshht"

Huh? what's goi-

"Kyra! Wake up!'

"Wha- Lawliet? What are you doing here? It is like midnight!"

His face turned into a scowl and he let out a long breath.

"You know that you can not be heard calling me that, Kyra."

"And you know you can't call me that." I say with a sudden sharpness in my voice that even frightens me.

His black orbs stare deeply into my brown ones. The scowl slips off of his face suddenly and turns into a look of sorrow.

"Rosanne-"

"What it is now Ryuzaki? I know that look." I find myself sitting up so I am eye to eye with the raven-haired boy even in his strange sitting position.

"Rosa, I'm leaving again... To Japan." His eyes began to fall.

I let out a long sigh, "Of course you are Ryu. Always moving. I'll mi-"

I was cut of by his lips lightly pecking at mine.

"Rosa, I'm really sorry I wish we could-"

It was my turn to kiss him but before I could, his hand lightly pushed me away.

"Rosa, you shouldn't be caught up with a boy like me, you will regret it later. My flight is in three hours I need to be leaving."

Swiftly, I grab his wrist and his force lunges me forward, forcing me to land on his chest.

"Rosa, please don't make this difficult. I have to go. It is getting bad over there."

"Ryu, if you don't want me caught up in someone like you, why even come to say bye." I say with a smile. I just wanted to light up the mood but my comment only made him angry.

"Rosa, you know how hard this is for me! You know how hard this is considering our past! I came to say goodbye because you have been my only friend in my 17 years! Just let go so I can leave before I do something dumb." He shook my hand off of his wrist but before he could get off my warm bed, I lunged at him and wrapped my arms tightly around his body.

"Ryuzaki, don't you ever forget about me. I swear I will come and find you. It's my turn to sneak back into your life." I unwrapped myself and he sat at the foot of my bed.

He tucked a piece of my red hair behind my ear and lightly rested his hand on my now rosy and warm cheek, "Rosa, I haven't forgotten about you for 8 years, why do you think I'll forget now? I could never forget my fiery-headed best friend."

He softly put his forehead on mine and connected our lips. This one, might I say, was just a little bit more than just a peck.

"Best friend, eh?" I say with a giggle.

This time his cheeks turned rosy but his face quickly changed into a frown, "Rosanne, I am serious about not being caught up in me. Maybe one day I can explain but for now, I have to go."

His hand left my cheek and hugged me quickly before running to my opened window, and swiftly jumped out. When I heard his bare feet softly hit the ground and a car door shut, I walked over to my window and gave a sad wave while closing the window.

"I'll find you, my raven-haired best friend." A smile flashed across my face before I slipped back in my bed. His warmth already left and I was alone again. But I won't be for long. I promise that.

My dreams after that were blissful. Not in a dirty was but more in a, I guess, relaxing way. I dreamt of what it would be like when I find him again. What I would say to him, what we would do together. I dreamt of our perfect life in Japan.

But I know deep down that that is near to impossible. My dreams are just fantasies that I wish could happen. Even if I find Ryu, he would be too busy with whatever new case he is now working on. Plus his warning "You shouldn't be caught up in a guy like me." If that's how he really feels, all I will ever be to him is his "best friend" and part of me wants more. Those two kisses we shared, our only two kisses, made me realize I want more than to just be his best friend.

Even I know that we can't be more than that. Even with my fantasy filled mind, I know all he wants from me is a friendship. But still, the feeling of his lips on mine was the greatest feeling I've felt in a long time.

A/N Hello everyone! I see you made it through the first, horrible chapter but more is to come! I really want this fanfiction to be a success. I hope it goes somewhere and I hope you guys enjoy it! Things may be foggy but don't worry, all of your questions will soon be answered! I hope you enjoyed!

I don't want you guys knowing my real name so I will sign off with with just "SS" for my username!

-Have a good morning/day/night! SS