Chapter 4

A/N: Before I get on with the chapter I would like to say sorry for not updating in like a month. I haven't been in the mood to write. I figured I needed to get a chapter out before I start school on Thursday...

So here we go. Welcome to Chapter 5!

*The Next Morning*

"You shouldn't be caught up with a boy like me. You kno-"

*BANG BANG BANG*

"Ugh what happened?" My head was pounding, my hair was glued to my face, it felt like I had just spent the night at one of those crazy American parties..

"Um Mrs. Rosa, um it's Matsuda, from the investigation.. Ryuzaki sent me to get you. Today is your first day at To-Oh."

Fuck. "Ya give me a second.. I'm not um decent..."

"Oh um ya I can wait."

I hurry up and run to the bathroom. My own reflection scares me.. My eyeliner is all over, my hair is sticking up, my clothes were wrinkled. I splash cold water over my face to get off the dirt and grime and brush my hair down. I put on a robe and tie my hair up to make it look like I was taking a shower.

"Hold on Matsuda, I'm coming!"

I pass by the clock and see that it is a little past 6, I am so not used to waking up this early. When I open the door, a happy looking Matsuda is waiting with a bag and a school uniform.

"Good morning, Mrs. Rosa! Ryuzaki told me to give you this uniform and I stopped by a cafe to get you this muffin." He says lifting the iteams up for me to grab.

"Uh thank you, will you be escorting me this morning?"

"Yes. Ryuzaki told me directly to make sure you got to school safely."

"Right. Okay. Come in while I change." He removes his shoes and sits down in the place I spent my night crying.

I took the muffin and uniform back to my room. It was a basic Japanese school uniform. Nothing special. I put in some eyedrops to freshen up my contacts and strip the robe off. I peel the wrinkled clothes off of my body and throw them in the corner to get washed. I take a quick look at my body in the long mirror that is hanging from my closet door. My skin is so pale that it is almost ghostly, I can see my ribs and my hip bones almost stab through my thin skin. Maybe this investigation is affecting me more than I thought.

I pull on the uniform carefully and let my hair fall down in its almost natural state. I put on a thin and natural layer of foundation, eyeliner and mascara before shoving the muffin in my mouth and putting on the shoes that matched the uniform.

I run to the bathroom and brush my teeth. I also put on some deodorant and some perfume.

"I am ready now, Matsuda." I find him on the couch watching the TV that is reporting on Kira.

"Good, good. Let's head out now and hurry, classes start at 7:30." The car ride to the Universty was quiet but enjoyable. He also had a black backpack for me with some books, notebooks, pens and pencils.

"He should be waiting for you by the front of the school. Follow him and do as he says, he knows what he is doing." Matsuda says while pulling into the parking lot and up to the school. He gets out to open my door and I start walking to the door. I turn to wave at Matsuda and when I turn back I see Lawliet waiting at the- shit. My body is slamed into that of a slim, brunet.

"I am so sorry. I did not-"

He laughs a little before brushing off his uniform. He stretches his hand out, I take it and shake it. "Yagami. Yagami Light."