Chapter Three : The Eclipse Of The Sun

JEN'S DINER

The next day, I'm sitting in a booth table with my mug of latte, reading a romance comedy book.

Suddenly, the morning sky darkens. Jen, Cassidy and I exchange worried looks at each other as we slowly walks out of the diner and looks up at the sky.

An eclipse is in the morning sky.

Violet (VO) There hasn't been an eclipse in the small town Arrington, unless this is Cody Asher's dark magick doing.

*~*~*

Afterwards, I'm back inside Jen's Diner, taking sips of my refilled mug of latte while talking on the phone with Jonny.

"An eclipse just came out of nowhere. It must be Cody Asher. He's doing his dark magick thing." said Jonny on the phone.

"Yeah, he has a little of his dark magick." I said to him. "Where are you?"

"I'm at your Dad's construction company. I needed a little workout and now, I'm sitting inside your Dad's construction trailer." Jonny replied to me.

"Don't strain yourself by trying to lift up those wooden planks and concrete blocks." I said to him.

Jonny playfully chuckled on the phone. "I'll be fine, Violet. And I will try not to strain or hurt myself."

"Okay, gotta go." I said to him.

"Alright, love you, V." Jonny said to me.

"Love you too, J." I said to him, and hangs up my phone. And dials Cody Asher's phone number.

"Miss. Benton? I sort of figured that I was going to receive a phone call from you." Cody said on the phone.

"What's with the creepy eclipse?" I asked him on the phone. "This small town Arrington already has an oddly reputation."

"Yes, I know. But not to worry, the eclipse will pass." Cody Asher said to me. "I'll see you around." And hangs up his phone.

*~*~*

FLEURY MONNE SPEAKEASY LOUNGE

That afternoon, In the dimly-lit main room, I'm sitting at the bar counter with my small glass of rum and a decanter of rum on the bar counter.

"Getting day-drunk?" Christine Avery said to me.

I look at her as I turn around in my stool chair. "What do you want, Christine?"

"I know that you aren't gonna take up my offer of joining my Scary Bunnies, and so, I'm gonna leave it be." Christine Avery said to me.

"That's great." I said with a sarcastic smile. "Now, leave me alone." and takes another sip of my small glass of rum.