[1] Caged Bird

I don't know if this is supposed to be happening. It's not realistic to just well... Hand over a life that you've already lived and still be able to control it?

I start to think about telling my siblings that I'm not the one they know, in fact being the same cat but from the future. I couldn't keep this a secret forever. But instead, I came up with a vague solution. Maybe I should warn them, not really telling them their future because they would be same-day-delivery sent to mental hell and endless fear. 

My thoughts bleed out as I shifted back to reality, my gaze set on my breakfast plate, containing: Eggs and bacon, along with a pancake. I realized it would be awkward to just sit there. So I pick up a fork and start eating my scrambled eggs as quickly as possible. 

                                                           .      .     .                                

As I got back home from a short-seeming day of school, I realize there was something I should have done already: Checking the calendar. 

It had read: February 22, 19XX 

Tomorrow.

It's tomorrow.

The happiest era of my life ends tomorrow. But not if I don't let it.

I can tell them to stay inside, or if they hear anything unfamiliar, they should run inside. Or maybe I let part of this happen again, but I manage to switch roles? I'd much rather be the captor than the caged bird I had been-- but living this entire life again would feel horrible, how many times would I have to do this over and over? When will it stop? When do I run out of variations of lifestyles that I have to relive my original life without changes again? When do I forget everything?

I look back down, returning from my dazing thoughts and relaxing my paranoid gaze from the calendar to the ground. I breath deeply and exhale as I head to the couch to sit down. 

"You look scared, do you need a hug?" A voice booms over my head. I don't want to answer, I can't, who knows how much I could mess life up. 

"Sage?"

"Don't call me that."

 Those words slipped out of my mouth before I could let them.

Fuck. 

Ironically I had just thought of how I would mess up the timeline if I said anything. 

"You sound... Old."

Rude! I thought, but they had a point. I was old. ...was.

I guess now I have to tell him, there's no other explanation that I can think of. Wait. No! I can't! 

Ugh.. Fine

I get off the couch, flicking my tail as a signal for him to follow me. I enter my bedroom with a burst of nostalgia, but I carry on as I sit on my bed. 

I take a deep breath in and hope that this is a different world or something. 

"Clover," I say but then quickly pause. 

"I--" Shit! I forgot that I needed to plan this entire speech in my head or something!

"You know those like... Time travelers from those movies...?" I say, this had been the only solution of what to call this situation. He nods. 

"I... Am.. One?" I say, confused like he was going to be after he processes my sentence. 

"No way! That's cool!" He says, not confused at all. I forgot how gullible we all were, since we are both children now. 

"But I'm... Dead? Or something? And I'm just reliving my life again." I continue. 

Clover beamed. "Can you tell me our futures? I'd like to know if I become famous! Or something like that!"

I froze up as my fur began to bristle in shock and confusion. I can't tell him all of this! I'll kill him with his body still being alive! Fuck!

So instead, I came up with something different: 

"I can't tell you that, you need to find out for yourself." I told him in replacement of telling him where his fate would lie. 

"Come on! Tell me!" He said, begging for me to reveal something he doesn't want to know. I think about actually telling him our futures. Maybe, just maybe.