Chapter 29_On, On We Go

Two days passed. Jonathan never left his room. He refused to eat, or go out, or talk to anyone. He rarely took a shower and wasn't exercising like he used to. He felt lonely without Emily around.

Though all Emily things were gone, he could still feel her presence in the room. He could still smell her on his sheets. The pillows. She was everywhere. Especially in his head.

He hadn't stopped calling Emily. He had sent her tons of messages— voiced and typed. He just wanted to hear her voice.

His mother, with his dad standing behind her, opened the door and watched him. He looked up at them, wrecked, and then looked away at the floor.

They walked over to the bed to him. His mother sat down next to him while his dad remained standing. She took the phone from him when she saw he was calling Emily. Again. He never knew when to give up.

"Give up already, Jonathan. She's gone," the Misses said, placing her hand over his on the bed. "There's more to life than love. You've got a company to run. You have a family."

The more he was talked to about moving on, the more he felt stuck. He had only been with Emily for a few months, but those months were the best months of his life.

The Mister cleared his throat. "I know you're going through a lot right now," he started, "but I want you to know that we've got to move on. With the company and your life. And that's why the wedding will still go on."

Jonathan lifted his head up, confused. His mother looked at him for a brief moment, then turned her gaze away to her husband.

"We've invested a lot into this wedding. You know what's going to happen when we call it off right now. The public can't know that you got ditched by a woman.

Your mother and I talked about it and we've decided that you'll get married to Olivia. Emily is gone. You can't keep being down. Not when you've recently been promoted," the Mister said, not getting the reaction he expected from Jonathan.

Jonathan was quiet. He didn't protest like they had anticipated. That was good for them. Perhaps those two days proved to him that Emily wasn't coming back.

Jonathan was already adapted to them controlling his life. It was pointless arguing with them when their words were always final. It was old.

"Olivia's pregnant," the Misses informed him.

That one was new.

Jonathan head came up so fast that it hurt a little from within. He got the little hit when you shake your head a little too hard.

"Same date, same venue, same everything. Different bride. Do you have anything to say?" The Mister asked him.

"No," Jonathan finally spoke up. "She's gone. She never loved me. It's about time that I move on. It's about time that I live a life that hypocrisy isn't part of."

His mother smiled with satisfaction after his big speech. His dad didn't have anything else to say. He shook his head and walked out of the room.

"You don't know how much this means to me, son. Thank you." With that said, she left him alone as that made him feel better since Emily left.

Jonathan had always known that something was wrong with how things were going with the relationship that he had with Emily. Things had just been moving so fast. It didn't feel right, but he had ignored everything because he was in love with her. Madly.

It was about time that he accepted that she wasn't coming back. He couldn't stay down forever. He was already used to the ones he loved breaking his heart.