Ghosted

TW: mentions of SA, and self harm.

Third Person POV

Tate Langdon and Y/N Y/L/N.

Tate and Y/N.

The two were completely engrossed with each other, engrossed with their love.

Everyday was spent together, typically; if not every day, it would be every-other.

Tate worried about Y/N most of the time, growing up she face some horrible abuse, which is how she wound up in the same neighborhood as Tate, living with her aunt and uncle.

She cried a lot, but he didn't mind. He cried a lot, too.

They bond over their troubles, grow closer through helping one another work through the obstacles they face. They are in love.

Tate had been worried about her recently, about Y/N. She hadn't asked him to come over much, and he heard from one of her only friends that she hadn't been in contact with her, either. Tate knows her well, well enough to know that he isn't the problem here. He isn't entirely sure what is the problem, but he vowed to figure it out.

Tate planned to go see her, it was about three in the morning and he couldn't sleep, not without knowing she was okay. He would do this often, sneaking out of the house. He doesn't know if he gets away with it because his mother is asleep, or because she just doesn't care. His mother was never nice to him, he was abused, verbally and physically, for much of his life. He was bigger now, taller, more muscular, so she didn't hit him anymore, but she used her words to pain him when she felt like it.

Y/N was the only person who made him feel accepted, who made him feel loved. He needed to make sure she was okay, he owes it to her, and the magnetic field between the two was getting stronger and stronger over the duration of days he hadn't heard from her.

I need to go see her, he thinks as he moves to his bedroom window.

It's a night like any other in California, warm, but not too warm. Dark, but not-so-dark because of the abundance of streetlights. Tate slips out of his house, silently, and crosses the street to Y/N's. This was so familiar to him, because he does this most nights, just usually with an invite.

Inside Y/N's home, she is sitting curled up on her bed, depressed, in tears. When she was younger, she fell victim to the hand of a man. She was only about eleven years old when she was sexually assaulted, by none other than her uncle. Not the uncle she currently lives with, but an uncle on her fathers side. Her father ceased to believe her accusations, which caused her mother to send her away to her brother's house in California for a nice change of scenery, then when she was cooled off she could return home... that was five years ago; she's seventeen now, like Tate, and still living in Cali.

She experiences episodes frequently, but a few days ago she was contacted by her father- trying to force her to return home and to make amends with her uncle.

"It's been five years, Y/N." He said, "you need to drop this story that you've got everyone, including your mother, believing about my brother."

"No, dad." She whispered, "I'm not coming home."

"Do you know how this makes me look?" He shouted now, "be a credit to the family, and drop this. Stop seeking attention, your mother doesn't even acknowledge my brother anymore!"

"For good reason." She hung up the phone then.

After the phone call, and all of her father's hurtful words, accusations, she locked herself away in her room. A mess of tears, ragged breathing, and sleepless nights passed by. She didn't see Tate, she didn't see Quinn, she barley responded to her uncle when he mentioned he wouldn't let her father take her home - though she was grateful. She pretended to be asleep when her aunt wanted to talk to her.