Trust in Who

Galaxy

"Hurry! There is a stranger coming into town! They are dragging someone else behind them!" A small group of Steves said to me in a hurry. Rainbow and the others have just returned less than an hour ago, what's going on now? I was just getting a few things for my son and to help with breakfast...

"I'll go first! If I need help I'll get you alright?" I looked at Illusion who gave me a simple nod in return. The group of Steves ahead of me have already started to run after where the new Steve was at. I followed them through a crowd of Steve's trying to get by this morning. Only to find that our rush started to attract a crowd. I kept moving until we got to the edge of town where the forested mountain began to find a small crowd of steves in the way of my view. They all had their weapons out.

"Hey get me through! Let me see what in pufferfish is going on here!" I pushed myself through the crowds and looked ahead to see- a friend of a friend.

"Ghost Steve?!" I didn't get to meet him for long but he was friends with Sabre in the past, apparently good friends. I could see what was originally fear in his eyes vanish at my familiarity.

"Galaxy! I..." His voice was still the distant echo I remembered. He was slightly more transparent than before though. He shouldn't look like that, and his hands were outstretched in a strange position as well. "I'm so glad you're here! That means you are Sabre are still friends right?" He asked me.

"Of course! Everyone it's okay he's a good friend of Sabre. Sabre will be so excited to see you!" I smiled at him. Sabre should actually be coming over soon. Knowing him he would have come to help the other Steves here. Especially as thanks for yesterday's battle.

"He needs help! I have-" He gets cut off by Sabre who was right behind me.

"Ghost Steve?! I can't believe it! You're here!" He smiled at Ghost Steve, instead of saying hello he took a few steps back."

"No!... This can't be right... then... who is this? Who did Nightmare Steve attack?!" He seemed confused and looked down at his arms. The position of his arms... was he holding something?!

"Nightmare Steve didn't attack here recently? We had an attack with the darkness though." I explain to him.

"No, he- it doesn't matter! It doesn't matter who is who! He needs help! Real or not!" Ghost Steve suddenly became less transparent and more solid as something appeared in his arms.

Sabre?

I looked back at the Sabre next to me, then the Sabre unconscious in Ghost's arms. He was beaten bloody, all the bandages around him were made of his hoodie, and his blindfold over him was now white except for an uneven red line over the fabric... blood.

"That- why does he look like me?!" Sabre 1 asked. I looked at Ghost Steve.

"We need to help him Galaxy! He's dying I did everything I could and traveled all night to get here! I don't know-... no I do know what's going on, but we need to save him! In case he is the real one!..." Exhaustion seemed to suddenly hit him as his legs began to shake. I was confused, but Ghost Steve was right. I went up to Ghost and took Sabre 2 into my own hands. In an instant I knew this was the right Sabre... this energy I felt... I know this feeling... but it's broken... shattered... something else was wrong- but no one can know, no one would believe me or understand why I know. I took a deep breath and cast some of my magic on him to hide his energy, no one can know.

"Someone get some Green Steves who are willing to help! Get Ghost Steve to the home Time and- Sabre is staying in. Sabre one I want you to stay with me! We need to figure out who is the real Sabre, but we can't do that if one of you is dead." I went through the crowd with Sabre 1 following behind me. The Steves spread the news of everything I have asked, and the most important thing,