Chapter 8 Dead in the Water Part 3

"Guys I don't feel good about this," I whispered as we walked toward Mr. Carlton.

"Do you want to sit this one out?" Dean asked.

"No-maybe...I-I just wished we could give him more time to grieve and process all of this. I don't know if I can face him." I mumbled as I came to a stop. I felt a shiver go down my spine and my stomach turn.

My eyes darted toward the floor while I wrapped my arms around myself. I heard Sam and Dean stop in their tracks.

Dean wrapped his arms around me and pecked my forehead, "You don't have to force yourself, Nikki. Dean and I can handle this." Sammy reassured me.

"Are you sure? I don't-" Dean cut me off.

"Well be fine sweetheart. Go wait by Baby. We won't be gone long."

"I-" I sighed, " Fine."

I turned around and started walking to Baby. Once I got there I plopped myself and leaned against her hood. I looked at the sky and took a deep breath.

"You know Baby. I wouldn't trade this life for the world. I've learned to accept and love this life as it is. But days like these make me wonder if I've made the right choice. A man lost both his children and we come here not to give our condolences but to interrogate him. There are days I wish I was a normal person. That I didn't have to be a hero. Maybe I could've had an apple pie life. A white picket fence, a husband, and children. But every time I look at Dad, Sam, and Dean I know that I would never regret my decision." I ranted and sighed.

"Thanks for listening, Baby." I laughed as I 'talked' to Baby. I turned my head and I saw Sam and Dean walk back with solemn faces.

"Hey." I called out and met them halfway, "So? Anything?"

Sammy shook his head in response.

"Well, I didn't expect anything either." I sighed.

"So now what?" Sammy asked as he leaned against the roof of the Impala.

"Aw, I think the guys been through hell. I also think he's not telling us something." Dean replied

"That's an understatement," I said as I crossed my arms and leaned against Dean.

"So now what?" Sammy asked. As I was about to answer I felt Dean tense. I turned to look at Dean and I saw him staring at the Carlton's house.

I felt a sudden realization hit me, "Dee are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked as I looked at him and the house.

"Uh-huh," Dean answered.

"What is it?" Sammy asked.

"I think Dee and I found our next clue," I responded as I pulled out Lucas's drawing from Dean's jacket pocket.

"Maybe Bill's not the only one who knows something," Dean said as we compared Lucas's drawing to the house.

We just parked in front of Andreas's house. After looking at the drawing Lucas gave Dean we decided that our next course of action was to talk to him.

"Do you think we can get to him?" I asked them as we approached the door.

"Who knows but we gotta try," Dean told me as he rang the doorbell.

We waited until Andrea opened the door, "Oh, what are you guys doing here?" She asked.

"Can we talk inside," Dean said motioning inside the house.

"Sure," Andrea answered as she moved aside to let us inside.

"Sorry for the sudden visit but we need to talk to Lucas," I told her as we stood in front of the door.