Chapter 14: Adult Problems

(746) Words 

Frostee's POV

🍦~~~💻~~~🌴~~~💻~~~🍦

Cisco- Tony and Layla have been gone forever! Why is it taking so long!?

Shashi- I bet they got distracted and are in each other's pants right now. 

Echo- Shashi! Shut up!

Frostee- We already knew it was gonna take a long time. And Cisco, It's only been an hour!

Cisco- What!? Man time moves differently in the past. 

Shashi- That has got to be one of the top 5 weirdest things someone has ever said. 

Frostee- Probably not even top 20 for Cisco. 

Cisco- But what if something bad happened to them!?

Shashi- What like they got attacked by a bear?

Cisco- Wha...

Echo- Cisco, they're fine. Shashi, stop freaking him out!

Shashi- Jeez. Just trying to bring some joy to the conversation. But whatever. 

Echo- Well it's not helping! Either take this seriously or go!

Shashi- Fine!

He started to walk out of the barn towards the forest that was surrounding us. 

Echo- Shashi wait.

He ignored Echo and continued walking, without turning back. 

Frostee- Just leave him. We don't need him. 

Echo had a frown on her face, clearly not happy with the way things just went. 

Cisco- Echo. You okay?

Echo- Fine. I'm fine. 

And with that, she walked off the opposite way of Shashi. 

Cisco- Man! This time travel stuff is messing up the crew! Everyone left!

Frostee- Here. 

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and handed it to Cisco. 

Frostee- Just play a game or something. 

Then I went to go find Echo. Even though I'm the youngest, sometimes I feel like I'm the one who has to fix all their adult problems. I'd like to see what they are all like without me. 

After a bit of walking, I decided to use my spy watch to track where Echo was. We could all see the locations of the others with our watches just so we could all stay in touch. I found her sitting up against a tree, knees to her chest. Oh, man. Not a great sign. 

Echo- What the hell are you doing here? Can't you tell when someone wants to be alone?

Frostee- I just wanted to make sure you're alright.

Echo- I said I was fine. 

She was clearly not fine. I could see tear marks on her cheeks and her voice sounded like she was in pain. 

Frostee- Alright. 

I sat down right next to her, which made her roll her eyes.

Frostee- It was kinda rough back there. 

Echo- I told you I don't want to talk about it. 

She sat her chin against her arms that still lay on top of her knees. 

Frostee- I've known you for years now. I know when your not fine and I know it's just gonna eat you alive until you do something about it. I'm just trying to help you.

She groaned before turning back towards me. Tears were still in her eyes. 

Echo- This whole time travel shit has been weird. I just feel weird. I can't get any escape and don't get me wrong, I love all of you. But sometimes I just need a break. From all of it. And I've just felt a bit trapped lately. 

Frostee- So what happened with Shashi? 

Echo- I feel trapped. I like him. I really do. I just... I'm not used to anything like this. Everything is different and I don't know how to feel about it. I just sort of miss when it was just the four of us. Before all this spy stuff. 

Frostee- I get it. It's a lot, for anyone. I know it's hard being a spy and having a whole hidden life. 

Echo- Yeah. I just want it to all make sense. I love being a spy. It's a part of who I am now, but having to balance 2 lives is difficult. Sorry Frostee. I totally just vented to you. 

Frostee- Hey. I just wanna help. I know things are hard but think about all the good things that have come out of it. We have saved so many people and made so many lifelong friendships. We've done more together than most people do in a lifetime. 

Echo- You're right. I should probably go find Shashi. 

Frostee- Probably. But maybe don't yell at him this time. 

Echo- Maybe that's best. 

She stood up, wiped her cheeks, and began walking the way that Shashi went off. I stood up after she was out of view and made my way back towards the barn. 

Frostee- These guys and their adult problems. Jeez.