Chapter Twenty Six

Ashville college
First year

Ini didn't mention anything about her encounter with Naomi to Sam or Yara, though it weighed heavily on her mind for days, so much that the mere sight of Noami terrified her in an odd way. She couldn't understand how a girl so young like herself could be so calculative and vengeful, she used to be so sorry for her but now she finds herself being so scared of what she'll do to Sam and tamtam for their misdeed... What is she planning to do to them? What length will she go for revenge?

She kept it all to herself and hoped to God the "accursed girl" won't give anything away, luckily Naomi didn't act like they ever had any personal discussion, infact she made a big show of  ignoring Ini totally, like she doesn't even exist, she wasn't even troubling her with the rumours again. Naomi literally became the room ghost to the joy of the other two, coming in when no one is looking or around and leaving just as fast, she probably won't be inclined to stay in the room if not for roll call and the strict security measures of the hostel. The only thing Ini had to be grateful for was that they no longer had altercation unlike before, she's glad they could all finally live in relative peace, though no one knows for how long that would last.

The first month finally rolled by, Ini could hardly believe she had spent only four weeks at Ashville, four weeks that felt like a life time already, but she was excited and relieved by the prospect of the visiting day, her mother had assured her she was going to come, it turns out she's more eager about it than Ini, the both of them could hardly wait to finally see each other and trade gists

"My aunt just cancelled visiting day, according to her, she's unavoidably detained at the national conference and won't be back anytime soon"
Yara announce, coming out of the bathroom, wrapped with a big fluffy white bathrobe with a towel wrapped around her head, her face is glued to the screen of her phone which goes everywhere with her, including the bathroom she's just coming from.
Her parents are out of the country for business, her aunt, the principal is supposed to stand in for them on visiting, she'd travelled three days ago for a national conference for all principal's and was originally due to be back the previous day but now, she unavoidably detained and unable to make it.

"That should make it much fun, look on the bright side, you and Ehis get to go to her lodge and do whatever you want, Ini and I will tag along if you don't mind'
Sam offers a fast solution, discarding her hair brush rather careless. The principal have an official lodge within the school which she uses each time she feels inclined to stay back and oversee things instead of going to her main house, only a very few people have been inside, mostly perfects, Staff members and a handful of random students like Ehis and Yara, Sam has dying to get inside as well, she didn't like the fact that there was somewhere in the school, unaccessible by her.

"If you think my aunt will let Ehis get within a mile of her house or office in her absence again, then you'd better have a quick rethink, because it's not happening in this lifetime"

"That bad?"
Ini asks, struggling into a outfit, an ankara playsuit, the school policy allows student to wear mufti on visiting days, instead of their usual fitted, kneel length house wear and beret, the colour differs according to houses. Iniobong chose the ankara because her mother had personally picked the style for her.

"I'd do the same so I don't blame her, not after he nearly put her in trouble with the board of directors for snooping through confidential files, asides that, she can't be caught giving us preferential treatment so going to her lodge is out of it"
Sam and Ini nod in agreement.

"So no visiting for both of us!"
Sam says to no one in particular, lying back in her bed, Funto is too busy to make it, he sent apologizes and offered to send her nanny along with home made food and provisions but she felt they was no need for it, the food in Ashville is just as good as the one at home so she doesn't get to miss it much, and she still have more than enough money and provision to last the whole session.