26

❀ QUINN'S POV

I looked around the room looking for a familiar face. I locked eyes with Jaden. A smile formed on his face.

I ignored everyone else and followed Addison inside. We made our way over to the girls. "Omg! We missed you" Avani and Charli squealed. I gave them both a hug.

JADEN'S POV

A smile crept onto my face as I made eye contact with Quinn.

She came.

I watched as she walked over to the girls. They squealed in excitement when they saw her. They've been asking us about her, but I didn't want to say anything. It wasn't my place to tell what was going on in her life.

I wanted to go over there and give her the biggest hug, but I didn't. I know we will find each other when she's ready.

I couldn't help but look at her. She's looks so good.

About half an hour had passed and I was hanging out with the boys. I noticed Josh wandered away. I looked over to see him making his way over to Quinn. I could feel my body tense up.

Was I jealous?

She didn't bring up Josh much when we talked this past month. I was honestly surprised that they didn't hang out. I also thought it was a little weird that she texted me about Mateo instead of Josh. Although, I'm not complaining. She thought of me and trusts me.

Josh tapped Quinn on the shoulder and said something. She gave him a small hug. I watched as they made their way upstairs to Josh's room. My body still tense. I have to talk to Quinn.

JOSH'S POV

I couldn't believe it when I saw Quinn walk through the door. It's been over a month since we hung out, which is weird for us. A few things have happened since then and I just want to make sure her and I are on the same page.

I asked Quinn if we could talk. She agreed and followed me upstairs. We sat down on my bed. "I missed you" I said quietly. "I missed you too, Joshy. I'm sorry" she said avoiding eye contact. "What's going on?" I questioned. She sighed and looked up. "When Mateo came, he kept telling me how he misses me and wants to get back together." "Oh. Did you?" I could feel my body tense. "No! I do miss him but I told him we are better off not together" she said. "So why were you avoiding me?" I asked. "I avoided everyone Josh. I needed time to clear my head. I just felt like everything between us happened so fast and I didn't know what to do. I wanted space to think about everything that's happened since I moved here.  I should've told you what was going on" she said looking up at me, a tear threatening to fall from her eye. "Quinn, it's okay. I wish you would've told me so I could've been there for you, but I get it" I wiped the tear off her cheek. I pulled her into a hug and hugged her tightly.

"I think we should just be friends" Quinn said. That hurt a little. Yet, the more I thought about it, the more I agreed. I didn't want to lose Quinn again, so friends it is. Besides there may be another girl...

"Are we okay? I miss my best friend." A smile grew on my face. "We're okay" I said pulling away from the hug. She held out her pinky. I laced mine with hers, "I promise" I whispered.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked her. She nodded her head yes. I was hesitant to tell her at first, but I knew I should. "So I met a girl a few days ago."

❀ QUINN'S POV

Oh. I'm happy for him. I think? "Oh yeah?" I questioned. He nodded his head yes as a smile formed on his face. "What is she like?" I asked. "Her name is Nessa. She's really short, black hair, funny, and sweet." "Awe! Joshy has a little crush." I said teasing him. "I do not!" He said defensively. "Is she coming tonight?" "She is!" "What! And we're still up here?! She probably thinks we're fucking" I said pushing him off the bed. We both bursted into a fit of laughter.

"It's good to have you back" Josh said as he pulled me into one more hug. I hugged him back tightly then we made our way back downstairs.

Everything is going to be okay.

Josh and I made our way to the kitchen and poured ourselves a drink. Josh left to go to the dance floor while I stayed.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist from behind me. "You're so fucking pretty" they whispered in my ear. I could feel the chills go down my body. I knew that sexy voice from anywhere. "J!" I said as I turned around. He pulled me into a tight hug not letting me go. "You came" he said with the biggest fucking smile. "Wipe that cheesy ass smile off your face" I said teasing him. He just smiled more.

"Let's go upstairs. We have some things to catch up on" he said trying to pull me towards the stairs. I knew he meant more than talking. "J, I just got here. Can I enjoy the party for a little?" I said letting go of his hand. He was drunk. He rolled his eyes but followed me to the dance floor.

I found Josh, Addison, and Bryce. I noticed a girl with Josh. I was a little jealous, but I let it go. This is what I wanted.

I think?

"I'm so happy you're here!" Addison screamed over the music to me. "We need to talk tomorrow" I said giving her a small smile. Josh looked over at me and smiled. He moved closer to me, bringing the unfamiliar girl with him. "Q, this is Nessa! Nessa this is Quinn" he said. "Hi, so nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you" said Nessa. Oh god what did Josh tell her. "Nice to meet you too!" I said giving her a small hug. We chatted for a bit until I was interrupted by someone pulling me away.

"Dance with me" he exclaimed.