2: Enter Rain

"I can't believe the school has a gardening club...I didn't even know we had a garden." I said to Mei-chan, who was hopping beside me as we walked outside the school building.

"I herd that there is only one member in the club." Mei-chan explained, looking up at me.

"Really? Only one member. She must be lonely." I thought for a moment. "You know what! I'm going to join the Gardening Club!" I cheered happily before running off towards the school garden.

"H-hey! Kanna wait up!" The rabbit called after, hopping after me quickly.

I walked into the little garden area behind the school and looked around. I saw a girl with long black hair, and deep blue eyes. She had on our school's uniform. She was watering a few flowers with a watering can. She didn't notice me. She seemed to be in her own little world with those plants. She looked so calm and content, it almost made me want to smile. Mei-chan was right, there was no one else in sight, only the girl.

Finally the girl spotted me and she looked stunned. "U-um...hello. Can I help you with something?" She asked me calmly.

"Oh..actually I was hoping to join your club!" I told her, a smile on my face.

"H-huh? You...actually want to join the gardening club?"

I nodded. "I sure do!"

A smile appeared on her face. "Wow...I- that's so wonderful! You're officially the club's first member besides myself. Welcome! My name is Shuzuki Aoi. What is yours?"

"I'm Midori Kanna. Just call me Kanna!" I beamed happily. "Would it be alright for me to call you Aoi?"

She smiled and nodded. "I have no problem with that. It's a pleasure to meet you Kanna."

"It's amazing to meet you too!" I giggled.

Mei-chan peeked her head out from behind a bush, and Aoi must've seen her, because she looked surpirsed. "Look at that. It's a white rabbit. It has a little bow around its neck, how cute." She smiled.

"Oh...that's actually my rabbit." I explained. "Um...she...is like a cat, she follows me around."

Aoi chuckled. "Really? That's adorable. What is her name?"

"Her name is Mei-chan."

"What a sweet name."

Aoi crouched down and Mei-chan hopped over and looked at her closely. This girl had an aura around her that the rabbit was familar with. This got her thinking.

"Our first official club meeting will be tommorow after school then, how does that sound?" Aoi said, looking back over at me.

"That sounds great! I'll see you then!"

I waved goodbye to Aoi before heading home for the day, Mei-chan still following beside me.

"That Aoi girl..." Mei-chan started, laying on my bed. "She had a certain aura around her...I can't put my paw on it...but she's either the enemy...or she might be the next warrior..I don't know for sure."

"The enemy? Really? I don't know how you could think that, Mei-chan. Aoi was so sweet, and she seemed so devoted to those plants." I said as I sat at my desk, doing my homework.

"As sad as it sounds you can't always trust people right off the bat, Kanna. Even if they seem as sweet and harmless as Aoi. I'm not letting my guard down and I suggest you do the same thing at that meeting tommorow. I'm going to tag along as well just in case something happens."

I nodded. "You're free to do as you wish." I responded, focusing back on my math homework.

"I'm giving you one final chance, Felix. Fix your mistakes and don't make me regret showing you mercy. Do I make myself clear?" Jayde asked, her blood red eyes, glaring down at the boy.