Dreams

Dreams are full of mystery, offering glimpses into our imagination. Sometimes, we have some strange dreams that catch us off guard, making us witness unexpected scenarios. Last night, I had an incredibly strange dream that felt unbelievably real. When I woke up, it felt like I had been living in a dream, blurring the lines between what was imagined and what was real. I know it may sound crazy, but this has been happening to me lately.

Today was my first day at a part-time job I applied for at a nearby grocery shop. I took this job to support myself and gain some independence. Although my parents are supportive, being on my own gives me the confidence boost I desperately needed. However, I'll admit, I'm socially awkward, which, combined with my optimistic nature, can be a challenging combination. Having high expectations but struggling with social interactions can be quite difficult.

In a rush to get to work on time after my recurring dream caused me to oversleep, I quickly got ready. Standing in front of the mirror, I admired my hazel-brown eyes, my favorite feature. I wore a black sweater with blue jeans, appropriate for the chilly weather in England. I've always loved the peacefulness of the grey atmosphere here. Looking myself in the eye, I whispered, "You got this." However, to my horror, I noticed that my reflection in the mirror began displaying different expressions, none of which matched mine. It deeply scared me, and in my panic, I threw the mirror down, shattering it into small pieces. Strangely enough, it felt as if I had already experienced this exact scene in my dream. These strange occurrences have been happening to me every day for the past seven months, and each incident mirrors the dream I had the night before. It truly disturbs me, and I'm starting to feel paranoid. Frantically, I grabbed my bag and rushed to the store to begin my shift.

As I arrived at the grocery shop, a sense of anticipation mixed with lingering unease from the strange occurrences that had haunted my dreams was catching up to me. I pushed aside those thoughts and attempted to focus on my work. The shop was familiar, comforting even, with its neatly arranged shelves and the faint scent of fresh produce in the air.

Jack, a man with an amiable demeanor, had shouldered the responsibility of managing the entire store by himself, which often left him fatigued due to his declining health. Through our frequent interactions as a loyal customer, Jack and I had forged a unique connection, sharing personal stories and engaging in heartfelt conversations. One day, as I recommended some homeopathic remedies for his heart condition, I witnessed a profound sense of gratitude and vulnerability in Jack. It was as if no one had ever shown such care and concern for him before. From that moment on, our bond deepened, transcending the usual customer-owner relationship.

Aware of my job search, Jack kindly asked if I would be willing to help him manage the store. His offer brought immense relief, as finding a job had been daunting for me due to my social awkwardness. Amidst a sea of rejections and diminishing hope, Jack's offer was like a beacon of light, restoring my faith in the possibilities that lay ahead. With a heart filled with gratitude, I graciously accepted the position, knowing that it was a chance for personal growth and a stepping stone towards my own independence. This job was more than just a means of supporting myself—it was an opportunity for growth, a chance to embrace my independence. Days turned into weeks, and gradually, I found my rhythm at the grocery shop. The repetitive tasks became familiar, almost therapeutic. Dreams continued, but now I had something to distract myself with. My parents were delighted to see me regaining a sense of normalcy, and they suggested that I resume my college classes offline. However, I wasn't ready to face that just yet, not after what had happened previously.

One day, as I was dusting the bookshelves of the shop, which held an array of recipe books, newspapers, and magazines, something caught my eye. Amidst the familiar titles, there was an old book, seemingly ancient. Its presence was surprising because I didn't recall seeing it there yesterday. However, there was an undeniable allure emanating from it, drawing me in. The title, engraved on its weathered cover, read "Weavers of Realms." It was as if my hands and soul were itching to touch and explore its contents.

With a mixture of excitement and trepidation, I reached out and touched the engraved words. In that moment, a blinding white light enveloped me, and a powerful surge of energy pulsed through my being. It felt as though the boundaries of reality were shifting, transporting me to somewhere unknown, somewhere that held a deep connection to me—a place where the mystery of my dreams would be resolved. 

In a world where dreams hold untold power, Esme's journey of self-discovery blurs the lines between reality and imagination. With ancient secrets and forgotten tales guiding her path, she unravels the mystery of her vivid dreams, unlocking her true destiny. Follow her through the path of unknown worlds.

Vote and comment  if you are ready to venture in the world of dream weavers ~author.

UPDATES EVERY  WEEK (I'LL TRY  TO COMMIT TO IT ).