6. Are Things Really The Same As It Seems?

The next morning,

Brian's eyes opened to a bright sun shining on his face. He blinked his eyes several times before finally opening them and then suddenly sat on the bench.

"It's morning," he sighed. As soon as he looked around, he was stunned. The ground of the entire campus area was wet, as were the trees and other things. Water had flooded the streets, and it seemed like it had rained heavily during the night. But what surprised him was the fact that the bench, all of his stuff near the tree, and the ground near the bench were completely dry. It felt like a drop of rain hadn't even touched them. After that, Brian noticed ash and a few pieces of burnt wood near the bench. He walked towards it and had a close look. "Someone lit a bonfire," he observed while examining it.

"But how is all of this possible? I mean, I had a sound sleep last night. I didn't feel cold or even feel any drops of water on me," he was completely confused when he saw a guy passing through the road. "Hey, listen, please," he rushed towards that guy. "Yeah?" the guy unintentionally replied. "Did it rain last night?" he asked him. "Dude," the other guy chuckled, "it rained cats and dogs last night, accompanied by a storm," and he walked away. As the guy mentioned the rain and storm, Brian was completely dumbfounded.

Brian's POV

How can this be possible? They say that it rained heavily and there was a storm as well, but where I am standing is completely dry, and my stuff is dry as well. How is this possible?

I held my head with my hands and walked towards the bench and sat there. I was completely shocked; I found my head spinning, and all of this completely shocked me. I couldn't figure out what had happened when a face flashed around me.

"Amber," the name slipped out of my mouth. Yeah, she was here before I fell asleep; she was saying something about helping me, and there would be rain and a storm. Did she do something? I questioned myself.

And then again, I looked here and there, at my surroundings, the bench, my stuff, and the ashes from the fire. She could have lit the bonfire over here, but how could she stop the rain from pouring on me?

I was completely confused, and my head wasn't able to accept all the information it had gathered here right now.

POV Ends

Daimen's POV

I was sleeping peacefully in my bed after having an amazing night with one of the girls when a burning sensation on my body woke me up. "What the hell?" I opened my eyes just to see that a beam of sunlight was just burning my stomach area. "Oh my God!" I shouted and immediately ran towards the other corner of the room where the sunlight couldn't reach.

As I reached there, I noticed that the sunlight had burnt a good part of my abdomen, and I would have set on fire if I hadn't woken up on time. "How is this possible?" I told myself and then noticed something missing on my finger. "My daylight ring," I was immediately shocked, and then I realized something.

"KATE," I shouted like a madman, "WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, YOU BLOODY BI--" I stopped in the middle of my sentence as I don't curse people. I looked here and there, and then I saw Kate entering my room through the door. She had my ring on her hand.

POV Ends

"What the hell is this, Kate?" Daimen shouted at her. "What? This?" she pointed towards the ring, "your daylight ring, baby," she taunted. "Give it to me," he scoffed. "Oh, I wish I could, but I won't," she immediately snapped.

"What the hell are you doing, Kate? It's daytime. The sunlight will kill me," he almost cried. "Oh really? It will kill you? That's better. You should die, Daimen," she shouted, which quietened Daimen. He understood that she is really pissed off because she called him by his name, which she never does unless she has completely lost it.

"Kate," Daimen whimpered. "Don't you dare say a word, Daimen," she snapped. "What do you think of yourself? I have kept your secret a secret. I am here in a relationship with you, even when I know that you are a vampire. I do everything to keep you happy. From being your personal blood bank to listening to everything you say. I am following your orders like a little slave, jeopardizing my entire life, my entire existence so that you can sleep with some other girl?" Kate shouted at the top of her voice, venting out her entire frustration.

"I mean, I love you, Daimen. I obediently do everything you ask me to do. In fact, I do more than that just to keep you happy and satisfied. I don't even care about myself and my life. I don't even beg for your love when I clearly know that you don't. The only thing, the only thing I expect from you and I have begged you for is please, please don't sleep with another girl, don't cheat on me. Do whatever you want, but just don't do that thing," her voice cracked. "If you want sex 24x7, I am ready to give you that too. Just don't sleep with any other girl. I just asked for this much from you, Daimen," she paused. "And you did just that," she cried.

All of the words Kate said to him frustrated him more. "Kate, will you just shut up and give me my damn ring? You are just pissing me off more and more," he snapped at her. Kate was shocked by his ungrateful behavior. "I am pissing you off?" She stuttered. "Yes, you are, you ungrateful woman," he spat. "Wow," she couldn't find words to speak.

"You know what I am and for the deal of keeping my secret so that I don't kill you. You listen to whatever I say and be my blood bank just because you want to live, you filthy woman," his words were filled with disgust, and his words hurt her more and more. "And for the word you are saying that you love me. Listen, you little slave, the word love doesn't exist. It's just give and take. If I give you something, I take something from you. That's how it is," he smirked. "And so what if you love me? Even if you love me, I do not love you, and that's why I can sleep with whoever I want," he smiled evilly.

"But, but we are in a relationship," Kate's voice was heavy as she stammered. "Oh, is there any written proof of it? If yes, then show me?" he chuckled. "And whatever. I am ending the petty relationship you think you have in your head." Kate was horrified. Daimen was pissed off and angry. She understood that he played sweetly with her for his benefit, and right now, when he is angry, he is spitting out all the feelings he had for her.

"Now give me my daylight ring. Or else, I will kill you," Daimen roared. Kate closed her eyes, took a deep breath. "You will kill me?" she looked at him fearlessly.

For a second, Daimen was shocked by her sudden reaction. "Yes, I will," he snapped.

"Fine, then kill me and then wait for the moment when, according to the deal you made, my new friend Amber unleashes hell on you," she grinned evilly.